Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Slide cutting
Posted By:
Posted By:kimo on: 2/3/2008 8:37:36 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Slide cutting
kimo

Slide cutting
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:37:37 PM

Hi. I am just out of beauty school but I have never did any slide cutting on any client at school. I am starting a new job this weekend and I'm worried because this seems like a popular technique.

I don''t know if slide cutting is done on any area, but I am regarding the front on wa woma'ns head, when she wants the hair to fall and look whispy. I practiced by doind some deep notches but this didnt work.

Also, when I slide cut am I supposed to keep moving my hand/arm (the one that I am holding the hair with).

Thank you.

jeb

re
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:18:32 AM
i would be very careful slide cutting unless you have shears meant for it. it will dull your sears faster than regular cutting and if your shears are not super sharp you run the risk of causing frizz on the ends. a technique that i like for texturizing is pinch and talk. you pinch a small piece of hair at the bottom of the strand and starting somewhere up the shaft (depending upon the desired texture) and "talk" the scissors down the shaft. just make sure you never lose the shears completely. hope this helps.