Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > lefty shears...
Posted By:
Posted By:jennifer.reinecke on: 10/3/2007 4:22:50 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: lefty shears...
jennifer.reinecke

lefty shears...
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:22:50 PM

I am in the market for new shears.  There are so many out there and for the price that they run i want to make the right choice.  Does anyone have any advice for a good quality pair of lefty shears?

hues4you
Platinum Member

jennifer.reinecke
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:32:33 PM

Dear jennifer.reinecke

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  Nice to have you with us.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

we2redheads

Hikari
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 3:52:33 PM
Hikari shears are always the best or so I think, but they are also very pricey, I do know that they have some lefty's styles so you should google them and take a look and see if they are anything you would be interested in, I have a pair that I have had over 20 years and they are in great shape. Depending on where you live will depend on if their is a rep there so you could try some out, I mean for the price you would want to be able to hold them and try them before getting them. hope this helps

joesalon

lefty shears
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:51:50 AM

Hikari makes great shears and I have some friends that have Hikari left shears and love them but you should definitely try them first to see if you like the weight, size, feel, etc.  In my area there is a distributor that has demos so you can try them first.  Find out if there is a distributor in your area.

I have also heard that Kasho makes good lefty shears.  I hate Musashi shears so I would not recommend them.

Good luck!

sharp13

Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 11:30:38 PM
As a sharpener and shears distributor, I have to agree with Hikari. Another great option in addition to the ones given already is Tara, especially for a variety of lefty options. I had one customer that needed a lefty thinner with at least 40 teeth, and Tara was the only "known" brand that fit the bill.

hues4you
Platinum Member

sharp13
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:30:43 PM

Dear sharp13

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moment to read above the board rules in the green box above.  Nice to have you with us.

Cindy Farr Hester

Asst Moderator