Bulletin Boards > Products and Retailing > Need fade resistant black clothing
Posted By:
Posted By:MindyBDoinHair on: 7/26/2007 1:55:40 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Need fade resistant black clothing
MindyBDoinHair

Need fade resistant black clothing
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:55:41 PM
I work in a salon that requires me to wear black. I am trying to find a store online that sells nice black clothing that resists fading. Actually any store that sells nice black clothing would be helpful.  I like to wear trendy clothing and that is a bit hard to find.

russnyc
Platinum Member

Fade resistant
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:42:27 PM
American Apparel fine rib T-shirts in black, they don't fade and are 100 percent cotton

Try Dickie's black pants, you can use a dethreader to get the tag off but they are truly chemical resistant. You can find several kinds at Model's sporting goods.

Lordofhair

Fade resistant and trendy
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 3:28:16 PM
I have some American Apparel shirts, that seem to hang in over time and allow for movement. Nothing I hate worse than feeling "stuffed" in a shirt for work. I ran across a site that sells American Apparel and another American made brand for stylists that also does some trendy rhinestone stuff to the shirts... www.salonteez.com

tggirl2000

or add rit dye...
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:29:24 AM
i used to have to wear all black. i would add some black rit dye to the wash load every couple of washes to keep it looking sharp.  kind of like using a color shampoo, i guess...

rockinrobin

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:28:31 PM
I pretty much always wear black and only black! Most of my jobs suggest black for their dress code so thats nearly all I buy. If I'm buying less expensive clothes that I don't plan on keeping for a very long time (trendy, seasonal items) then I'll just wash them in Woolite for Darks detergent. For the clothes that I pay a bit more for (wardrobe staples, higher quality, etc) I have them dry-cleaned so I never have to worry about them fading.