Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > 2nd guess everything
Posted By:
Posted By:blkdiamond2b on: 3/29/2007 6:23:57 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: 2nd guess everything
blkdiamond2b

2nd guess everything
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:23:57 PM
almost done with my training but i 2nd guess myself doing cuts mostly about finger angles

LHelfert

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:49:38 AM
I agree with you on the second guessing in regards to cutting I have been finished for about four months I am hoping hands on experience will make this go away.

hues4you
Platinum Member

LHelfert
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 5:03:12 AM

Dear LHelfert

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  Nice to have you with us.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

russnyc
Platinum Member

2nd guessing
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 6:52:03 PM
Hi

You need to master a cut to feel confident. You should not be trying out too many angles or try to deviate too much from what you were taught until you have mastered the framework of a cut. It's better to do the exact same cut 100 times than 100 different angles on cuts that don't look right. Each and every client is going to frame up differently even though the haircut might be exactly the same on each.

Keep the same angle when layering the back, from ear to ear, and cut a guide in the middle first before cutting further.

It's just like carpentry; measure twice, cut once. I would also towel dry the hair so that you can see how it reacts to the cutting.

Keep inside the agreed upon parameters. That means that if you agreed not to take more than 2 inches off the layers and you are pulling angles that show 3 inches, something is very wrong.

With practice comes confidence, watch other stylist's angles and see what they do.