Posted By:
Posted By:ponitail on: 2/11/2007 4:44:50 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Extension tip preference
ponitail
Bronze Member

Extension tip preference
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 4:44:50 AM

Hi guys, I was just wondering about the difference between nail shaped pre tipped hair extensions and stick shaped pre tipped hair extensions, I have not worked with stick shaped, is it easier? What do you like and why?

Thanks

littlegirl

extensions
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:41:13 PM
So sorry you havent gotten any replies to this, but you are a ways down on the list, so let me try to make it up to you.
All bond is made from polymer( plastic), some are soluable with oil and some require solvents. The strength of the polymer will rage and be determined by its resistance to oils and heat. Some are very soft and go in easy, but are sticky and will come out with any exposure to oils or to heat. Others are extremely hard and required lots of heat to melt properly and stay in until you remove them, but are very difficult to remove, and cause damage to the clients hair when you do, or over extended wear of extensions.
As far as the shape of the extension, it does not matter, if you are using an iron made specifically for hair extension application you will not have any trouble attaching any method. Now refering to the shape, you must make sure that no matter the shape, the company need to have quality control measures in place so there is not too large an amount of bond on the piece, to cause you headaches.
if you need anymore info please feel free to contact me at my info on my profile

Kiara Bailey

ponitail
Bronze Member

thank you, that helped!
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 6:22:22 PM
thank you so much for your response, I do appreciate it, if I have any other questions I will take the opportunity you offered and ask, again thanks!
patience in one minute of anger can prevent one hundred days of sorrow!