Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Help asap....cutting wigs...
Posted By:
Posted By:blue eyes on: 12/13/2006 9:31:37 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Help asap....cutting wigs...
blue eyes

Help asap....cutting wigs...
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:31:37 AM

I need some advice please, one of my clients called me yesterday and has been going thru cancer treatments. SHe ordered a human hair wig, to get here friday. SHe is going to a christmas party on sat night and wnats me to cut and style it for that. i told her I would help her out but do I just cut it liek normal hair?  Any advice or rules I need to follow?

pinkparagon
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:41:20 PM
This is really something that should be done by someone who has experience with cutting and fitting wigs. There is a degree of skill involved in texturizing them properly -- not enough and it looks heavy and "wiggy" too much, and it is wispy mess of strings. It can literally take hours to do this properly. This hair will not just grow back if you don't get it right and human hair wigs are very expensive. You would be doing this client a big favor if you called around to wig suppliers in your area and got a recommendation for someone experienced in this area. Also, the American Cancer Society sponsors the "Look Good Feel Better" program for cancer patients and the local chapter may be able to give you some referrals.