Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > ?? Abotu slide cutting
Posted By:
Posted By:ms310 on: 10/9/2006 12:05:22 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: ?? Abotu slide cutting
ms310

?? Abotu slide cutting
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 12:05:22 PM

I wanted to know if there were any classes that I could take to relearn fundamental cutting technique using the razor. I would also want a class where I could learn to slide cut. I want to learn these two techniques more specifically for when I go to blend hair extensions in with the clients own hair.

Also any reccomendations on videos and tools (shears) for either technique wold be appreciated.

hues4you
Platinum Member

ms310
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 2:59:53 PM

Dear ms310-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  If you look above in the brown bar - you will see Salon Store - please take some time and browse there for shears and your DVD needs.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

mocha27

Hi
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 4:11:56 PM

I learned slide cutting through my company's training classes (Hair Cuttery, and other razor cut styles.  I pretty much learned the blending of extensions on my own,  you just have to see how the hair falls or how the client wants it to fall and use as less tension as possible, very lightly razor depending on the style.  HTH

Toshina

"All  l things are possible through Christ who strengthens me."

mandadonovan

Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 4:57:54 PM
you could look into TIGIs cutting dvds to learn some skills with razor cutting....

pinkparagon
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 8:58:09 PM
Nick Arrojo has a DVD called Razor Fundamentals.

ms310

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:11:18 AM
thank you all. I just typed nick arrojo's name in the search engine, found his salon website, and it looks like they have educational opportunities.

hues4you
Platinum Member

mocha27
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:53:02 PM

Dear mocha27-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  We are glad to have you a part of our community.

brendakay

Slide cutting and razoring
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:35:29 PM

*** Post edited by BTC.  Please stop trying to bend the rules.  You can not advertise on these boards to link to another part of this site.  I suggest you re-read the board rules in the green box above.  Talk Back Boards are intended for an exchange of information, not for selling things.  I hope you understand what I am saying repeatedly. 

BRHair
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 1:30:28 AM
BTW ... slide cutting is not the same as razor cutting.  Slide cutting is a scissor technique.  Both would be appropriate for working with extensions. :-D