Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > a wedge haircut
Posted By:
Posted By:sweet_honesty on: 6/10/2006 8:38:01 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: a wedge haircut
sweet_honesty

a wedge haircut
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:38:02 PM
a customer been asking me to give her a wedge hairstyle. to my knowledge, a wedge is where u have both side of the hair going back and ending looking like a ducks tail. am i right?

hues4you
Platinum Member

sweet_honesty
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:55:17 PM

Dear sweet_honesty-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a moment to read over the board rules above in the green box above.  We look forward to your participation on these boards!

Cindy Farr Hester Asst Moderator

teachcolor

Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:56:51 PM

A wedge is stacked  with a weight line there are several variations.  It would be best if your client could find a picture of what she thinks a wedge is.  It is a great cut and seems to be becoming popular again.

Its worth learning.

Good Luck

CopaGirl
Bronze Member

Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:21:08 PM
Hey, Teach Color-(or anyone else) Can you describe how to do this cut for us? I would appreciate it!

doinghairagain

Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:28:02 AM
Once you've established the length of bang, ear area, weight-line in the back, and  how close they want the nape, part hair in the middle clip the 2 halves of head, leaving out a thin layer around perimeter and leaving out hair below occipital bone. Cut perimeter. cut below occipital bone upward, holding hair between fingers. when all the nape area is layered close, lift the top layer of that horizontally between fingers at 90 degrees. and trim just to even that line. This will be your guide for the back of the wedge. Bring sections down to that line- do not elevate any higher!  then bring front sections down directing hair toward the perimeter lines you created earlier. The more you elevate the less of a wedge you will create. When complete, I comb crown hair straight up and take off a TINY snip at the top to soften the edge. I hope this helps.

sweet_honesty

hows do u style a wedge haircut
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:54:19 AM
thanks a lot doinghairagain. u helped, but how do u style it?

doinghairagain

Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:03:13 PM
If they have  straight  shiny hair, I just put a little mousse in at the root and use my fingers and blowdryer . Blow it wild to remove moisture, then direct the roots upward with your hand. and away from the face.When dry, I use a big vent brush going back.  If hair is curly, scrunch or use a flat iron, whichever the client wants.

reinvention

wedge haircut
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 9:24:20 AM

To me a 'wedge' means some kind of a graduation.  Ask for a picture.  If she/he can't find one they like, how about what they DON"T like.  Sometimes that helps.