Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Shattered Cut??
Posted By:
Posted By:LuvinIT on: 4/27/2006 8:00:27 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Shattered Cut??
LuvinIT

Shattered Cut??
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:00:27 AM
When A cut says that it is shattered how do you go about achieving that look?  Is it just layers or is it a bunch of texturizing?  My sister wants her hair cut and she wants the shattered bob so I thought I would ask before I attempt  :)

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:07:24 AM

Razor the haircut.  Perhaps a disconected top layer is what she seeks...

locksylady

love disconected layers!!
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:11:41 PM

I "shatter" the hair with a razor too. Sometimes though someone wants a very deliberate shape with just shattered ends. A shattered bob would be some amount of either razoring, or an alternate technique I have used is to imagine the hair is glass ribbons. Point cut the ribbons on both sides, think shards of glass. Finish the hair with a light application of a wax or matte product. I'm not all for that rough dry look, so I cocktail a shine serum with paste for  a nice piecey look. You can even "blouse" the shards for an extra bit of volume. Sort of mixed bag, but very pretty. I like hair shiny and full looking.

p.s. Mina: what is your fave disconnect to do? I love those wispy edges on a bob like ashlee simpson's blond. Poor shadow girl. Remember t-boz from TLC? I use disconnected layers a lot with curly hair that is not quite curly enough also. Clients feel like your some kind of genius when you treat a problem area separately. they are also grateful when you find a great attribute of the hair and play it up!! 

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:17:20 PM
I don't know what my favorite is really... I like the pieces around the face with a bob....  I like disconnected bottom layers when I do short razored layers through the top of longer hair....  It almost gives an effect like the client has extensions...   I like bangs that are disconnected from short hair- not thick like an emo haircut but like a fine piece at the end of the bangs that is a little longer than the rest....  Doing haircuts like this are more like sculpting.  It's kind of whatever feels and looks good on that person ... at that moment.. know what I mean?

locksylady

Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 4:04:16 AM

yes I do know what you mean, kind of like you are customizing their hair to fit their facial features.I guess everyone would be different. I love the longer wispy bangs on a short punky cut. A lot of my ladies that don't color like their grey hair funky.2 more days to NYC!!