Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > self-sharpening shears?
Posted By:
Posted By:satori on: 4/24/2006 10:06:00 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: self-sharpening shears?
satori

self-sharpening shears?
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 10:06:00 PM
I read a couple of articles where stylists referred to having shears that were self-sharpening. I looked on the internet and didn't find anything. can someone enlighten me, please?

AMirage
Silver Member

Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:38:25 PM

Kokoro, they are beveled and claim to sharpen themselves. Only time I have had mine sharpened is when I found a nick that mysteriously appeared on the blade. I've been using them for 8 plus years. One of the best investments I have made.

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:29:01 PM
I swear behind my kokoros! they are the best shears I have ever used. going on 6 years and these are still the best.

satori

Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:21:27 PM
thank you so much! I'm going to go look them up on the internet.

scissorman

self sharpening
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:26:21 AM
Removed by BTC per the rules at the top of the page. If you like to advertise please contact our offices. Thank you!

Elizabeth

elizabethb@behindthechair.com

sharp13

Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:48:13 AM
No shear will actually sharpen itself. The Kokoros are excellent shears that have a harder steel than most brands. This allows them to hold their edge longer, even if they are a "work horse" shear. I've been a sharpener for several years and rarely get to work on Kokoros, because they really do hold the edge. If I do see a Kokoro, usually it was dropped or misused.