Posted By:
Posted By:vallygrrl on: 2/1/2006 8:31:18 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Jack Sparrow
vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Jack Sparrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:31:18 PM
I wondered if anyone else on here liked Captain Jack Sparrows hair and makeup.  My second question is how would one get that look, and how can we make that look work for everyday people.  I'm at a point in my life where I am starting to draw inspiration from Fashion icons and the like, but I always want to do something that will appeal to the everyday client, so how would one do you think take Jack Sparrows look and market to your average guy with a nine to five job, and a house full of kids?

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:28:36 PM
Ok I thought I better add more info, I got the goahead from my client.  I have a client, Jeffery.  Jeffery is a financial analyst.  He has four children and a lovely wife (she's a interior decorator.)  Jeffery has been seeing me for three years (as his stylist, his wife goes to me as well, you people really need to get your minds out of the gutter.)  Jeffery has always worn a short fade, two on the back and sides, top cropped to match.  However one day, Jefferys son Remington (named after his grandfather) rented the movie "Pirates Of The Caribbean." Jeffery is a little paranoid about what his kids see, so of course Jeffery had to watch the movie with Remington.  Well that movie left a huge impression, like you would not believe.  You know how when small children watch a movie they want to become the main character, and they dress like that character and talk like that character.  Well this was the case here, only Remington was not the one that was impressed (turned out he just wanted to rent the movie because he has a thing for Kiera Knigtley.)  Well anyways Jeffery has decided that he adores Captain Jack Sparrow.  It's a bit comical really, but I'm slightly worried, I'm thinking it could be a midlife crisis.  The other day Jeffery came in for his Three fifteen appointment, my Jeffery, the Jeffery with the dark rimmed glasses, pocket protecter, and pleated pants, and he said "Hey luv, I want to look good really good, savvy."  I laughed and said something like "Wow you must really have enjoyed that movie."  He then proceeded to tell me it changed his life. He said, that his next appointment he wanted me to make him look as close to Captain Jack Sparrow as possible, but still retaining his Financial analyst identity.  He even told me that he was starting to talk like Jack all the time.  He had a client come in that wanted to buy some important stock.  Do you know what he told that woman, I was floored, he said and I quote "Arrrr, you want to buy Stock in Wallstreet says you, I think you might become bankrupt says I."  So please help me guys. Thanks and sorry for this long post.

runswithscissors
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:01:00 AM

Hey Valley,

Johnny Depp is sooo hot how could anyone not love him as a pirate!!  It sounds like your client may start to come off a little more as the pirate from Dodge Ball!!  Would you agree that with out all the eye liner and pirate clothes Jack Sparrow would look like a young head?  Actually one of my friends with dreads was Jack Sparrow for Halloween.  She pulled it off extremly well!  You may want to look for pitcures of hippies for ideas.  Try some music festival websites.  Look for pitcures of fans and the crowds.  Phish defintely has pitcures of there festivals you may want to search Phish, Coventry, Pitcures.  Or try Bonnaroo.com, walther-productions has a festival called All Good, might find some pics. there.  Hmmm, more festival, Gathering of the Vibes... Maybe relix.com or jambands.com can point u to some good sights w/ pics of fans.  Good Luck w/ this one!!!

ps did u know Depp's Jack Sparrow tattoo is real? 

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:17:05 PM
That is a good idea, I guess that Johnny Depp is hot, I had to of course watch the movie after all this, because I was dying to see it, I will say this Johnny is a great actor.  That all movie was practically improv on his part.  He's brilliant, but not my type looks wise.  I did not know that was his tattoo, I did find out though by doing some research that the eyeliner and gold teeth, and the things tied in his hair were completly his idea.  I guess his costume was pretty sick, I mean he owned that movie.  I love your idea about looking up Phish photos, however this guy is a financial anylyst and a devout Mormon, so I don't know if the Phish thing would go over well either.

runswithscissors
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 4:47:04 AM
No I didn't think he should dread his hair or anything but check out some of the jewerly and clothes.  You might be surprised.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 5:51:57 AM
by the way Val- he modeled his pirate after the guitarist with the rolling stones.  can't remember his name.  not mic jagger obviously but the other one that's always with him....check it out!

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 8:11:35 AM

keith richards? Can you guys really believe that these guys are still alive? they completely defy the odds for Rock n Roll....

johnny depp  always has been and always will  HOT in my book

CopaGirl
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:24:16 AM
Keith Richards is going to play Johnny Depp's(Jack Sparrow's) dad in the next pirate movie! That should be cool!

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:54:36 AM
yep that's the one.  i just heard one of the dj's call them the 'strolling bones' the other day.

hairtrigger
Bronze Member

vallygrrl I am Captain Jack Sparrow...Savvy
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:14:06 PM

JACK SPARROW!*?!

Pardom me Luv

I guess ye never seen me foto's hey? Tell ya a lil' story about Sparrow. If ya don't believe me....ask good ol' Marty Klebba...he'll tell ya!(Jack owes us a ship) Yeah, I found out two months too late that I missed the audition for extras in LA for POTC 2. Them bloomin dogs held it in July 05'...No doubt...Me luck ran out!

I'm all around mates!! But me fotos can only be seen from a site that cannot be found, except for those who already knows where it is...savvy?? I swear upon pain of death it's me....promise!!

Look here...copy and paste this...      http://thepotcfandom.proboards21.com/  when ye find it, scroll down to "introduce yourself" click on it, then go to page 2, look down to the second one and you will see good ol' hairtrigger... click on that...then ye scallywags can finally see what I look like!!!!

And Yes that shall be me real hair!!! Or it was!!!!

Experience the Passion

hairtrigger
Bronze Member

laughing so haird
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:46:53 PM

all financial analyst aboard!!! all hairdressers on deck!!! come about ye misfits...raise all sales!!!

LOL X 1,000,000,000

Midlife crisis??? So ye think!!!!! Wy's me rumm gone???

This ain't no midlife crisis for me vlllygrrl....this is what happens after me midlife crisis.....have ye seen the yellow eyeballs on the face and eyes!!!! Now that might be a little tricky....But ol' trigger...oops hairtrigger will pull it off, don't ya worry none. My kids are way past the point of scared....they got over being embarrassed long ago.

m2....pardon the correction....but like everyone almost....Jack Sparrow was NOT created after Keith Richards.....Trust me on this one....I can look up the site for ya....but Depp himself said of all things....Captain Jack Sparrow was derived from the character Pepe Le Pew'.....Simply because everything goes right over his head. No matter how bad it is, how bad the crisis, he holds his chin high and keeps up the sarcasm....as if to say nothing can touch me!!! Funny but true!!! I see you!!! See you Later!!!!

Experience the Passion

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:46:17 AM
Thank you everyone so much for your help, I actully watched the movie with Jeffery and his wife Sunday night at the salon, in short he wants the entire look, gold teeth, long hair, even down to the Pirate brand on his arm. lol

Hairtrigger- you rock, seriously.  I havent posted on here in awhile because I've really stopped posting on here, but I came back just on this forum to say hi to you guys and because I read your post Hairtrigger, you really are totally the type of person that would dress up like that once or twice for a special occassion (I assume you are not like my client, lol)  Well I will check out those pictures.  And thanks again guys.

I believe you are correct that It was somewhat modeled after Keith, but not completly, he also modeled it after Pepe Lepew (I butchered that one didn't I) the cartoon skunk.

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:46:46 PM
Well I saw your pictures (you really got his costume down, I should know as I have been studying his character for this project), and I have to admit I'm a bit curious.  So if you have time, I have a couple questions.

1.  First off I'm very impressed that, that is your real hair, you have good hair. That's not really a question I quess. lol
2.  What inspired you to start this? with my client, he saw the movie with his son.
3.How did you do the tan and makeup, are you naturally tan?
4. How often do you do this, or are into this stuff?  See my client wants to pull this look off at work, which frightens me abit, like you probaly do not go to the salon and do this.
Thanks for sharing.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:37:13 AM
no pardon for correction needed Hairtrigger- i have also heard that as well (PePeLePew)-i think one part is the demeanor, and the other is the 'look'.  nice pics of you - you look amazingly close to the 'real deal'!  might ye be a twin brother of the young pirate then?

hairtrigger
Bronze Member

vallygrrl/Part2
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:25:51 AM

I told you all of this to give you an idea of where I come from. One last thing that I am not too interested in telling to the whole world mainly because people judge....is right before my ex-wife left, I quit a 25 year drug habit cold turkey. Mainly because I didn't want my sons finding me out. Then I realized I had to do it for myself. I give God all of the credit because he truly does work miricles. I don't miss it. I don't crave it. I haven't smoked dope in over 2 years, and I never will again. I never did drink. I never did chemical drugs. I was just a smoker. It was my life and who I was. Now for the first time in my adult life or since childhood, I am straight. Being sober is really weird to me. I still feel that I am in my twenties....When I was at MasterCuts, I met the most wonderful woman who understands me better than I understand myself. 5 months after I started my divorce went through and about that time is when I saw Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time. I went insane. I saw myself for some reason. You must understand, Jack had life changing experience when he was left to die on that island the first time. When he was left there with Elizabeth the second time, and said, That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship.  I related it to my life.  That's the second time I had to watch that woman leave with another man and my kids. The anger sat in. Just like with Jack. I had something to prove to the whole world. That was....this just ain't a halloween gig, this is really me. I am real. I have suffered. I have given it all up to survive. I don't care....and nobody can stop me. I became the character. I practiced the voice night and day....until I became Captain Jack Sparrow....

1. yes that is my hair. I had some synthetic dreadlocks in front to match the rest.

2. You should be able to answer this yourself with everything I have just said....My answer is...revenge. Revenge on a society that once kicked me to the curb and said I was too old and burnt out to impress anyone. Who said you should grow up and cut your hair. I also won a trip to Las Vega in my first halloween contest and never got to go because of my schedule. After that I was hooked on it. Being Johnny Depp and having the whole world in your hands, just for a moment.

3. I did no tanning. I think most of that is my camera for some reason my face always seems to turn out really tan. Yes I tan easily. My girlfriend always does all of my makeup. She does a great job. She is the one who inspired me to do this whole thing.

4. I have done it for no reason at all. Go into clubs just to watch peoples mouth fall open. I once pulled out my plastic pistol and pointed it at a sherriff as he was admiring me. He didn't think it was too funny!!!!

Experience the Passion

hairtrigger
Bronze Member

vallygrrl/Part1
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:26:31 AM

I am glad you liked the photos. When I look at those photos now, I see the real me. I don't know who this is I keep seeing in the mirror now. You must understand my life has been played out in reverse compared to my dreams and goals from my youth. When I was a young child, I was convinced that I would someday be another Clint Eastwood who was my mothers favorite. I did nothing but dream. Then when puberty hit, I saw KISS on TV and everything changed. Then I wanted to be a rock star. My mother rebeled against that. I was 20 before I got out on my own and bought my first guitar. Rock was in it's prime but I couldn't seem to get away from the show. So I took a class in Modeling and Acting. The second week of that class is when my mother died. I was too depressed after that to carry on so I quit.

I chased rock n roll for about 20 years in one way or another. I was in killer bands. I had my name and photos in the paper. I've actually had 16 year old chics ask for autographs. When I did my solo recordings I had one of my songs on the radio at one time. After alternative wiped out rock n roll I knew it would never happen for me at least to the capacity to where I wanted to be. By this time, I was married had two sons and was in the phase of blowing all of my money my mother had left me trying to get my act together. I did not want to wake up wondering how I was going to feed my children. So I went to my next passion. HAIR....

I thought people would respect me if I did hair. I figured I could make a good living, enjoy what I do, and people would take me seriously. I was trying to settle down the wild man inside that wreckless abandon had created. Hair had been something that had always drove me crazy with passion and I knew I would not miss the music. And I haven't....Still don't.

Experience the Passion

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:01:53 AM
That is very moving.  I think it's wonderful that you have been clean for two years.  Is that your girlfriend in that one pic?  If so, she is quite pretty.  I suppose we do not pick our obbsessions, they pick us.  My Jeffery went for his first tanning period today.  Quite interesting about the Sheriff story, just be careful, people are insane today, a six year old got shot in LA because he pulled a watergun on someone.  Now you answered my question, but would you ever do this at work, because once again talking with Jeffery today, he wants to be Jack Sparrow, all day.  Great idea about how you got the voice and facial expressions down, do you know how to get his walk down.  Jeffery practised his walk one day at work, and his secretary thought he was dizzy, and forced him to have a drink.

Liz

Hairtrigger!!!
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:24:35 PM

it's so good to see you on here!  What an incredible life story!  Your stories are such an inspiration to me!  It makes me never want to give up and keep going!  thankyou!L

And Val its so great to see you on the board as always.  Hope you are having a nice day!L.

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:04:00 PM
Thank you Liz, you are always so nice to talk to.  I hope you are having a great day.  You should email me some time, if you are not busy, as I don't get to go on the boards alot.  Well have a  nice evening.

Liz

Hey Miss Val!
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:58:46 PM
Are we allowed to exchange email addresses on here?  Sure I'd luv to talk to you. L

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:24:37 PM
Well we can post our addresses.  I usually don't ask people for there addresses due to the fact that people can be shy about it, but I don't mind giving mine out.  We can also post them on our profile but most people have it marked private.  But anyways here is mine.

To answer your two questions which I know you have.
Yes I'm a snoopdogg fan, and yes I know you probaly aren't, everyone says those two things to me when I give them my email.  Well have a nice evening.

hairgod

Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:43:58 PM

Liz

thanks Val!
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:28:15 PM

mine is on my profile.  also emailed you last night but couldn't go through.

Hairtrigger where are you!!!??

hairtrigger
Bronze Member

hairgod
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:42:38 AM

Thanks for your compliment...

Since we are on the subject...

My email is   hairgods@hotmail.com  or   hairgods@sbcglobal.net  

Sorry hairgod.....beat ya to that one!!!!LOL

Experience the Passion

mcoupland
Gold Member

Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 6:41:10 AM
Hi all I have been away for a while, but vally girl knows me. My email can be found on my profile, If not let tme know.

Michelle

Don't sweat the small stuff.   

hues4you
Platinum Member

Adding email to profile
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:24:10 PM

Dear gang-

I would like to encourage you to add you email to your profile.  That way you can network with others if you desire.  Just click on your screen name and update your profile!  Have a great weekend.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:51:11 AM
watch out for spammers though. Happened to me when I used to have my e-mail available in my profile.

mcoupland
Gold Member

Habib
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:20:26 AM
I have had mine like this on Mutipal boards and forums for almost 2 years, and yes, I get some junk mail, but you should be able to set your mail settings so you can filter out junk mail.

Just an idea.

Michelle

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:44:51 PM

Never post your email in a public forum.  This forum can be picked up by robots trolling websites and will gather your info and BAM you will be hit with many junk emails- not just a couple.  I am talking hundreds of junk email per day.  If you want to post your email- make sure it is a separate one from your home one.  Like a hotmail or yahoo acct.  That way if the mail gets out of control, you can stop using it.  You have no choice but to keep your personal ISP email and it sucks when your email address becomes public.

Also, when emailing multiple people always use BCC do not post multiple emails in the "to" box.  You would be surprised at the amount of people who would appreciate it.  (Sorry for the unsolicited advice)

hairgod

Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:46:16 PM

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:10:24 AM

Mina2 it's really good advice. I actually was able to do so good with not getting spam e-mail for almost 2 years. Then about 5 months ago, my sister sent something to me from some goofy site and spam has been relentless ever since. I used to go a few days without getting anything in my e-mail which was great. now I open up to 10-20 each time I open my e-mail. It's increasingly getting worse.

Every now and then I keep getting an e-mail from some doof selling shears who got my e-mail from this site and no matter how many times I hit "report as spam" he still gets into my main inbox. drives me nuts.

Michelle, with all due respect, I hate the fact that any of us have to use a spam filter. I refuse to accept this stuff as normal everyday life. I hate seeing e-mails with the awful misspellings like the one I got yesterday: "former president bill klinton uses voagra" Do people really fall for this stuff? Don't we have any right to privacy?

If this board wants to encourage confidential user participation with eachother than perhaps it should install a member instant messaging system that will protect the users? just an idea.

mcoupland
Gold Member

Habib
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:51:09 AM

I understand your frustratuion.

I started to use them because most viruses come from the spam and junk mail. I have spent alot of money on my work and home pc and would rather filter that loose the PC's

Michelle

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:15:14 AM

right- that's why it's so important not to open any spam especially the ones with attachments. The ones with attachments can make your computer the one that sends out more spam unbeknownst to you. Totally dumbfounding to me, but it can do it!

When I was a boothrenter, I had my computer at home but used it frequently to order products and do research etc. online. So I was able to write off half my internet bill for the year. But I also wrote off all of the amounts I spent on anti-spyware protection, the firewall protection, virus protection etc. Print out and save the receipts & I listed it under subscriptions.

runswithscissors
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 6:42:20 AM
Check out AVG antivirus and ad-aware for spyware control.  They are both free and available on the internet.  AVG also lets you scan emails for viruses before opening the mail.  Since I downloaded these programs I have had no troubles and my computer has never worked better, even though I'm still on dail up.  Another good tip is when buying something online (always requires an email address) use a hotmail or yahoo account.  I bought all my christmas prestents online and ended up having to change my email address due to all the spam from those companies (they were all compainies with good reputaions).

mcoupland
Gold Member

Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 9:13:01 AM
thats what I have and never had an issue since I got it.

Michelle