Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > How would one do this cut?? Input much appreciated!
Posted By:
Posted By:gally on: 1/8/2006 10:06:50 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: How would one do this cut?? Input much appreciated!
gally

How would one do this cut?? Input much appreciated!
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:06:50 AM

A good friend has asked me to do this cut on her. Difficult for me to tell from the photo- any ideas? It's Schwarzkopf's 'Essential Looks Glamorous Reality' 'Starlet' cut.

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/int_henkel/schwarzkopf_com/index.cfm?pageid=445 

Click on 'view collection' then 'key trends'. I can't tell what's going on in all that Starlet cut, and I want to do it properly! Many thanks in advance for any assistance or insight you might be able to share.

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:49:25 PM
First you have to have the same texture of hair.  There are some disconnected layers that you can pin out of the way as you cut your layers.  The long layer in the back is either disconnected from the rest of the shorter layers- or it could be hair extensions.  Yes, it is hard to tell.  I am wondering how your friend knows she wants this cut, when it is diffictult to see what the actual cut is!  I get the jist- but it is all over her face and in a modeling photo- is this how she is going to walk around?  With hair in her face? Kind of impractical- but definitely possible.  You know hair sometimes looks cool and sexy in a photo- but doesn't look right in an every day situation. Also there is a lot of work involoved with round brushing- so it will only work if she is able to duplicate it by blowdrying it.  Otherwise it will just look like a shag with long pieces hanging out.

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 6:44:17 AM

hee hee hee I did the same thing at first! The directions above to the actual cut are minorly unclear. I originally thought that was the cut too, but upon further inspection of the site. go back and click the orange bar and then click key trends in the upper left hand corner. It's a pointed wedge-bob with ears.

I would start with shaping the bangs, then pull and clip away the sections on the side I want to keep long. Then I would define my line at the nape and cut the wedge then I'd bring back down the sieds and do the shaping my eye thinks it needs. I don't know if that is the right way but it is how I would approach it.

If I have the wrong cut and it is the first one we see then it will take a product to hold it! That style says: "I'm a LION at heart! lol

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 7:34:18 AM

well I hope the girl sees it in a normal position, then she will turn around and say mmm I dont like it....

personally- I wouldn't do it.   She doesn't know what she wants- how could she?

gally

habib and mina
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 8:30:56 AM

I appreciate the technical input, everyone, especially Habib. She absolutely loves the cut, and looks great in it. No, she doesn't walk down the high street with hair over her eyes, but she is lovely to see when she's dancing. She is indeed a lion at heart.

Cheers

'New York City's very pretty in the nighttime, but oh, don't you miss Soho?'

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 11:26:31 AM

Thanks gally, too bad you couldn't post a picture of the cut you did...glad she's happy with the work you did, after all THAT is what this is all about!