Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > CAN'T REPLY TO GAY VS STRAIGT SO STARTED A NEW THREAD
Posted By:
Posted By:salondiva on: 12/9/2005 5:12:18 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: CAN'T REPLY TO GAY VS STRAIGT SO STARTED A NEW THREAD
salondiva
Silver Member

CAN'T REPLY TO GAY VS STRAIGT SO STARTED A NEW THREAD
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 5:12:18 AM
SYSTEM WON'T LET ME REPLY, SO STARTED THIS THREAD

In my humble opinion (ok not so humble ) women go to men stylists (does not matter if they are gay or not) simply because a man is taking the time and giving them ATTENTION that they are not getting at home....i work with a straight guy, and the women flock to him ...he is good at what he does, and he is sympathetic to their circumstances, and he LISTENS to them......the women will tell him all of their problems (yes my clients tell me theirs too) but a man putting his hands in your hair if you are a woman and tellling you you look great is something that no female stylist will ever be able to do with the same results !!!  Male stylists use their maleness as a definite advantage, even if they are gay......how many women out their don't like for a man to tell them how great they look, and pamper them and listen to them??????

Liz

salondiva you are correct...
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:44:19 PM

We as women are definitely at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to men in the industry.  In my shop I have alot more male clients so i am able to turn the tables to my advantage.  Guys also love getting their haircuts from a woman who tells them how great they look and how nice their hair looks. Remember men like to be pampered too and nobody can do it better than a woman!

cosmoteach

before the 1920s
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 4:09:25 PM
The thing to remember is before the 1920s when women first started entering the workplace as a whole, the entire beauty industry as well as most of the hairdressers were men. There is very little difference between the sexes as it comes to hairstyling. The real difference is the experence you have and the amount of effort you put into your work. I tell my students to put their heart and soul and energy into their work and they will get even more back from the client.

hues4you
Platinum Member

cosmoteach
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:46:02 AM

Dear cosmoteach

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  Nice to have you with us!

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator