Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Help! Doing Auntie Mame hair for high school play!!
Posted By:
Posted By:Holly on: 10/18/2005 7:08:00 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Help! Doing Auntie Mame hair for high school play!!
Holly

Help! Doing Auntie Mame hair for high school play!!
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:08:00 AM

I will be doing 2 ladies next month.  One is Auntie Mame and the other is a Veronica Lakes style.  I have NO idea how to start.  Please resue me.

Holly

Ms R
Bronze Member

Hmmmmm
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:54:03 PM

I posted a reply yesterday that must have been removed.  However I will try again. 

Here is where your fingerwaves will come in handy.  Do Aunti Mame in finger waves finishing off with pin curls.  Then brush soft and full and undercurled at the nape and large pin "spit" curls in front of the ears.

Veronica Lake had long smooth waves. Roller set with an extreme side part so that the fringe waves and dips over the heavy side eye with an under curl at the ends.  The hair should be very smooth and shiney and lots of movement.  In other words not too stiff.

This is just how I would do it.  Someone else may have better advise.

Apple

cosmoteach

Easiest way
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:58:25 AM
Look around your area for a wig shop that may lend you wigs in exchange for advertisement in your program especially for Mame's hair because the play takes place over many years and part of Mame's personality is her hair changes