Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Julie Chen CBS Early Show
Posted By:
Posted By:neets on: 9/15/2005 7:37:18 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Julie Chen CBS Early Show
neets

Julie Chen CBS Early Show
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:37:18 AM
I have a client who wants her hair cut like Julie Chen's (CBS Early show host), and I am not sure how to go about it.
Julie Chen's hair is very healthy, this woman's is not because she is still using home hair color (trying to convert her!!!) and the cuticle layer is damaged. Have been explaining this to her at legnth, but she is telling me, well I'm getting older (mid 40's) so this is why it is not shiny anymore. Any way, of course she puts the color all over her head for the entire processing time every time, so yeah it is looking pretty old.
I'm a new stylist (if you can't tell already) but I feel the cut would look good on her, and I could shine it up for her with products, (I guess when she gets home then its hers to deal with) just wanting to know how this cut is done if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate some pointers.

neets

Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 9:14:30 AM
Yikes! So sorry, I gathered from reading some other posts on this site that ppl are fishing around for haircut instuctions without being a cosmetologist. (And then what do I do...ooops!)

Any way the Julie Chen thing to me looks similar to a longer version of a Jennifer cut, (as of 9-16-2005) but can't seem to find a very good photo of her, and I'm out and about when the show comes on. (oh well guess I gotta get the video tape out, and figure out how to program the durn VCR.) Anyways, hope I didn't offend.

Ms R
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 9:52:00 AM

A Professional, especially a new one, does not offend us when asking for advise.  This is the place to come for help.  I don't know what Julie Chen's hair looks like.  I will try to find a picture and get back to you.

Where is HairMaven when you need him!

Liberty

Ms R
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:22:33 AM
I saw a small picture of her on the CBS web site.  Check out www.hairmaven.com and look on his "Modern" DVD  I think there is a cut simular to hers.  Kind of a long graduated bob.  But hers is pretty full so I'm thinking she's had a "Texture Perm" too.

Liberty

neets

Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:44:27 AM
Thank you Ms R, I appreciate your help! I agree with your thought about the texture perm.
: )