Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > How do you cut a cowlick?
Posted By:
Posted By:tgaryx on: 9/7/2005 10:02:25 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: How do you cut a cowlick?
tgaryx

How do you cut a cowlick?
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:02:25 PM
I've heard of different ways to cut cowlicks..Which is a good way for cowlicks in the front?  I had a senior guy come in for a cut and had a cowlick in the front. ..so I cut off the whole little section from the roots as seen from Michael O'Rourke in a demo..but he looked at me like I was crazy and got mad...should I do this again while they're not looking or is there another way to cut into a cowlick ...what about if they have a curl..how do I cut into it when everything else is straight, but then a wave shows up..?? THanks. - Tony

Tien

Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:09:48 PM
i personally leave a lil extra length to help weigh it down. I use free hand no combs or fingers to hold hair in place while cutting.

This is method I've learned from a Vidal Sasson educator to cut african american hair without clippers, but it takes quite a bit of practice.

easiest way i think is to let the client know they got a strong cow lick, and you'd like to leave a lil more length then requested to keep it from sticking up. then proceed to cut as you normally would.