Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Long hair fohawks HOW??
Posted By:
Posted By:maybe_too_pickey on: 7/31/2005 4:00:55 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Long hair fohawks HOW??
maybe_too_pickey

Long hair fohawks HOW??
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:00:55 PM
ya i know alot of ppl are getting sick of foehawks but the city that i live in is a little behind the rest of the wold and they are popular now. so i have a request client that i have never worked with before coming in and wants a fohawk! i have been told that her hair is almost to the middle of her back. How do i do this? i've done fohawks on guys hair(its easy with short hair) and i've done mohawks wehre you shave the sides but i have no idea of how to accomplish this one. Does anyone have any ideas for me? it is sunday today and her app is on thurs. i have been looking in mags and on the net but hanv't been able to find anything.HELP!!thanks a bunch

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:45:27 PM
Actually, I didn't do that hair style. I found it on a model search website. I was looking for hair models and found her picture. I think that the website for the girl who did do the hair is here...

http://www.ariesalterego.com/

click under "fun" and there she is.

Guess I should clarify that one. Sorry. Didn't mean to deceive.

alesia
Platinum Member

That girl is beautiful.
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:49:15 PM

oh.

When I saw her I thought, "MAN! I wish I had people who looked like that wearing my haircuts! Lucky Maven!"  

Do you know how to explain that haircut?

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:58:03 PM
Yeah, she has shorter hair that is squared layered on top and has extensions for the mullet shape in the back of the head, I'm not sure of the sides but the back is def. extensions.

Cut the layering on top square and texturize, use some product and voila' faux hawk mullet.

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:00:44 PM
Most of the stuff I do anymore is more alla jonathan. aka babe hair. I like doing the rock star stuff, but since I'm older and lamer, and I'm good at the babe hair stuff......

Check out a video of one of my "babe'" models loving my work.

It's a pretty big file, dial up beware!!!

holli007

Hi HairMaven.....quick question
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:16:09 PM

Remember a long time ago I was trying to see if I could checkout your "Jonathan-babe hair" video you did....Well, so sad to say my computer doesn't have "quick time" on it..Do you happen to have any other software(I may not be articulating myself correctly when it comes to computer talk) but, I guess what I am trying to say is do you have any other means/software of showing that video so I could check it out.... Everyone tells me that it is a "classic cut" but I would like to see it from start to finish  b/c I love the end result...Muchas Gracias!

P.S!~ My email is holli4720@yahoo.com if that makes it easier!    

maybe_too_pickey

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 8:05:58 PM

thanks soooo much i am sooo glad that i ran accross this site! i'm going to be taking some pictures  of the cut so i'll post them up here if i can when its all finished! Wish me luck!!

I've only been in a salon for 3 months (tomorrow) and i love these challenges!

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:38:24 PM
Maybe-too-pickey: you might not be able to post your pictures on this forum, you'll either have to post a link to where they are saved on the internet or post them on the hairmaven forum.

Holli- You should be able to download Quicktime from Apple.com for you Windows environment. Then you can view ALL my videos that I've posted. One of the best is the "One Question Interviews". I'm very proud of that one. As of right now, I cannot post the movie files in another format (such as Windows Media Viewer), but in the near future I should be able too. Maybe around October, but it is far easier and quicker for you to download Quicktime and install it on your machine. Hope this helps.

AriesAlterEgo.com

I Did Nikki's Hair
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 5:32:58 PM

Extensions in the back and sides. Her hair was already long to start in the back and sides...Not square cut on top...I razored all of it. Added Greatlengths about 3 rows in the back and 2 rows on the sides... Her hair wasnt short, it was thin. 

I wore that hair Years before She let me do it on her about 3 years ago.

Darling Nikki is beautiful and does let me do whatever I want to her hair. 

TIZZLE

Aruesalterego
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:41:49 PM

I have been rockin this cut for a couple months. I dont wear it in a fauxhawk though, It is cut just as you say razored.  I love the Tattoo artist named Cat Von D from A&E s show Miami Ink. 

How are you wearing your hair now?