Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > jennie garth wave
Posted By:
Posted By:devorah on: 7/14/2005 7:41:21 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: jennie garth wave
devorah

jennie garth wave
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:41:21 PM

I recently saw an episode of the WB "What I like about you". I watch it just to see Jennie Garth's hair. She had her hair long and in a wave set. Kind of like flat waves, no curl in it at all.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and how to get that wave?

nichole

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 3:51:05 AM
Yes, you can achieve that same look by wraping 2-3 inch sections of hair in your falt iron and ribbion it downward. It will give you that same exact look.

devorah

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:42:42 AM

Thanks so much. I will try it.

Is there any way to set the hair without using a flat iron. I style 100% european human wigs and the heat from the iron dry out the hair and it cuts the life of the wig.

devorah

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:05:41 PM

I tried it but the only part that waved a little was the ends. and there were iron marks on the rest.

Maybe I didnt undestand. I was using a 1" chi flat iron. And I wrapped the hair around starting from the top and then again another piece from the bottom. both didn't work.

Am I doing somehting wrong? 

sarrah
Bronze Member

"waving" with a chi
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 5:46:10 PM
I wave the hair with my chi by starting at the base and bending the hair almost all the way around the iron and running it down the whole hair shaft this way. If the hair gets wrapped around the iron and you can't slide anymore then lessen the pressure and continue, just like you would with a curling iron. Also use a setting spray such as Sabastian Laminates or Framesi Pro-Form.

hues4you
Platinum Member

GBH Irons and retail
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 6:59:18 PM

We just got in the GBH flat irons and retail items and from what I hear they are great.  The flat part pivots and all the retail items are designed to be used with iron.  Very high quality - worth looking into and I believe they are going to keep it semi exclusive to an area, meaning not every salon in town will get them.  Great packaging.  And you can make the kind of curls you are talking about.  Education comes with them.  From what I understand these were way popular in Europe many years even before Chi.  They are selling great.

Cindy Farr Hester  co-moderator

www.behindthechair.com

devorah

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 9:03:04 PM

I checked on line and I wasn't able to find the GBH flat iron. I have never heard of them.

How can I find out more info. I would love something to make great waves that will last long.

devorah

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 9:08:01 PM
I style wigs and right now I put them in a roller set bc. the curling iron makes the waves too curly for me and with the roller set I can brush them out to softer waves but I would love a neater tighter wave.