Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Figure 8 curl
Posted By:
Posted By:PnkCosmo on: 7/12/2005 9:23:41 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Figure 8 curl
PnkCosmo

Figure 8 curl
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:23:41 AM

Can anyone explain this to me a little better than Jonathan's site?

Jonathan & his team did this curl technique to give the finger wave look at the B. Michaels show.

This is what his site said:

"I went in and did inch sections, all the way around her head, starting from the bottom of the nape, up to the top of the back of the crown. One-inch wide sections by one-inch thick sections, and did my own classic figure 8 curl, wrapping it to the right and then wrapping it to the left and then rolling that under. So as to make her waves curl up, then in, then out on both sides of her face and really outlining her cheekbones."

I'd really love to be able to do this finger wave look. When I was in beauty school, they had me focused on color, so I missed out on a lot of the basic hair setting stuff. Now that a lot of these styles are coming back in fashion, I'm trying to learn how to style again!

Thanks!!

mcoupland
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:15:09 AM
The way I am understanding that is the hair is sectioned like your going to wrap a spiral 1''by 1'' take that section and then put the curling iron in at almost a 1/2 inch from the head. then take the end of the hair wrap to the right over the handle , wrap to the left over the end of your barrel, back and forth till you get to the end of the hair, then twist the iron up or down against the head. I would imagine he inverts the last part with each level he does. One level the iron goes down against the head the next level the iron goes up against the head. Just my 2 cents
Clear your mind, your hind end will follow

PnkCosmo

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:24:12 AM

So, how do you pin it to the head?

Does anyone know of a demo video with a similar style on it?

mcoupland
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 1:37:04 PM

write to go to www.hairMaven.com he can get you to some instructional vidios.

Clear your mind, your hind end will follow