Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Face Framing?
Posted By:
Posted By:AZstyle on: 7/2/2005 9:53:20 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Face Framing?
AZstyle

Face Framing?
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 9:53:20 AM

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 4:20:32 PM

make sure your clients are keeping still and check your body, hand and tool position as you cut.  does the hair 'buckle' or is it being held too tightly?  all of these things can make a difference in the end result. 
 i personally take a vertical section in front of each ear-it will part for you if you nudge it.  depending on where they want the shortest layer to begin or start with the corner of the bang; pull the section straight out while standing in front of the client and cut from the shortest point to the bottom length.  if the hair is long, i like to slide or razor cut to the length.  same on the other side.   after it's blown it out,  i go back and check it and usually dry cut to personalize and detail the finish.

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:56:15 PM
Check out my website under videos there is a one length bob done with a razor with face framing layers. The technique is the same with scissors. Start at the shortest point in the bangs and work towards your perimeter length of you shape at the top of the ear. This will make sense when you see the video. You can download it if you don't have a high speed connection, and best of all, it's FREE!

www.hairmaven.com