Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Bob with layers
Posted By:
Posted By:luv2cut on: 6/2/2005 4:40:48 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Bob with layers
luv2cut

Bob with layers
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:40:48 AM

I created a bob and then put a layer thru the occipital area and thru the sides for movement.  I wanted to leave the face frame one length (no layer whatsoever).  Disconnect??  or blend to behind the ear??  Need ideas. 

coloru2
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 6:56:37 AM
I love disconnected haircuts. I would not blend it into the back layers, just balance it.

mc
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:39:09 AM
Sorry but disconnected cut look like my 5 yr old got to my shears. I would A-Line from the ear back.
mc In The Pool 

luv2cut

Posted: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:52:42 AM
Thanks for your input on this.  It seems so elementary yet it is interesting when you wait to cut the fringe last because you aren't sure what you want to do with it and then there is the question of blend or not to blend.  So many optional techniques that can help you think on your feet.   I am thrilled to learn of this web site.  I'm about 2 years cutting and it is such an amazing art form.

Tre

Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 12:58:04 AM
Sometimes we must have our butts surgically removed from behind the chair.

Try this. cut your line. Begin your long layers over the ear instead of in the back. move forward then repeat on the other side (with practise you will learn to match the two sides up pretty easily). Now,use the guide from the sides to move to the center back.

The reason for starting over the ear is, you have less hair there. If you start in the back and move forward through the sides you'll colapse out all of yuour length on the sides.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. all techniques have both creative and functional applictions INCLUDING DISCONNECTIONS. You must NOT allow yourself to get OLD and OUT OF TOUCH in this business. kEEP LEARNING!!!!!!

salondiva
Silver Member

Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 5:16:07 AM
WHILE disconnect looks fabulous, a lot of clients don't like the part where the hair behind the ear looks a little sparse...after you have cut your bob, instead of separating the hair from behind the ears, and pulling all to the front, separate from almost the middle of the ears....pull that to the front, then when you are done adding layers to the hair pulled to the back, take the front sections and pull them to the back and blend in with that....that way all does connect, but you still have a shattered look!!

kolorkel

Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:17:25 PM
what if  you dont layer the front but instead take out some of the bulk with a razor or even thinning shears?? i have a bob kinda layerd in the back longer in the front but the front has no layers just really textured with my jauguar texture shears   they are texturizing shears but the teeth are unevenly placed along the blade and they take out tones of bulk with out making strait cut marks across your style . 
Kel

ceelynne

bob with layers
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:28:41 AM

Salon Diva,

I like your suggestion for the bob with layers and subsectioning from the mid ear instead of behind the ear and then pulling the front hair to the back hair that was cut in to layers.  I''m confused though, when you pull the front hair towards the back are you pulling it all vertically back and cutting at one particular point where the back cut layers are, or are you using a travelling guide from that hair cut in the back to travel and cut the hair as you move towards the front.  My question is if you do just pull the hair from the front to the back layered cut hair and blend, won't your front hair be longer because it is overdirected in a sense

mden

Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 12:52:35 PM
i agree with ceelynne. i would just over direcet everything to the one guide line at the crown area . thats all i do because sometimes depending on how far you overdirect everythimg, the fringe wont even catch in that section as you pull it back.