Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Help with bangs
Posted By:
Posted By:chrisc1667 on: 3/17/2005 10:30:56 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Help with bangs
chrisc1667

Help with bangs
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:30:56 AM
Need advice on cutting bangs, ive screwed up a few, and a few have been perfect, the problem is i cut them all the same way, i go from where the head begin to curve forward to recession, then cut the bangs in a "V" sometimes it works ok, sometimes it dosent. Looks im trying to achive, Paris Hilton bangs, Ashley Simpson, longer sweeping bangs, i think there rewally pretty if cut right, but they look like hell if there not. any advice appriciated.

mc
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:35:21 PM

Why do you cut in a V?

What kind of affect are you looking for when you cut them?

mc

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:04:56 PM

Is the effect that you are trying to achieve actually what the client wants you to achieve??

Bangs (like the rest of the hair) is different on every client. You have to cut the bangs in the ways that work with the bangs and take into consideration that type of bangs the client would like to have.

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:46:18 PM

a good way to get sweeping bangs...

gather the hair together that you are going to cut.  pull to one side (the side you want longer) and twist around and around..  cut into the twist while sliding down towards the side you want longer..

am i making ANY SENSE?

If you want the bangs shortest in the mid section and longer towards the sides.. point cut just the middle... then slide your shears down the side (or point cut)

statikman1
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 9:17:10 AM
Chris, you're on the right track with the "v" idea.
Section the bang into a triangle from the recession or higher to the parting. Never go below the recession. Take small diagonal sections to whatever side you want to start with and either slide, "walk" or razor from the eyebrow to the nose. Keep doing sections until you get to the middle of the bang, then do the other side the same way.
You will end up with a V with alot of weight in the middle. This is important because we need that heaviness and length to fill in the "negative space" you've created by cutting the shorter sides. The hair will sweep in to fill the void.
If it's too heavy, thinfrom underneath rather than the top. The bang should look solid and heavy, never wispy.

CopperTop

Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 9:28:03 AM

Statikman- Great explanation!  And the tip about thinning the bang from underneath is much appreciated as thats been the main problem area for me in particular when trying to achieve this look.  You helped me and others, Im sure, lots with how well you articulated your insights.  Thanks! :)