Posted By:
Posted By:coloru2 on: 2/9/2005 8:07:37 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Hairmaven-your video collection
coloru2
Silver Member

Hairmaven-your video collection
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 8:07:37 AM
You mentioned in your journal that you were going to unload your video collection, or thinking about doing so. Just to let you know that I'm interested, so please keep me posted.

HairMaven
Gold Member

ColorU2
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:15:12 AM
ok, I'll post what I'm going to be letting go. They need a new good home.

I'll post the list tonight.

How are you liking your TiGi video's?

coloru2
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 10:00:04 PM
They're great, basic, but that's what I like about them. Looking forward to your list.

HairMaven
Gold Member

ColorU2
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:49:32 PM
I've posted picts of the videos that I'm selling on my website. Follow the link. Let me know if anyone is interested. Some are rare and a few are unopened.

www.hairmaven.com

coloru2
Silver Member

hairmaven
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 6:30:27 AM
I sent you a message through that site, so I hope it worked and you received it. If not, let me know. I picked out 7 videos, inc. the Rusk set, so it came to 65.00. Just to be sure. let me know. Thanks.

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 10:28:45 PM
Yes, I got your email, I replied.

chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

We should start a
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:21:16 PM
Hey,
we should start a section on here for buying new and used items like manniqueens and videos. I myself dont own any videos since I am just graduating school next month. I would love to buy some used cosmetology videos for a reasonable price. anyway if anyone wants to email me some they might have for sale, please do at chadfromnc_2000@yahoo.com
chadfromnc

statikman1
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:24:08 AM
Russel, I've just watched all the moderns and I am so impressed. You're a fantastic cutter to watch, very smooth and great scissor movement. Voice over is excellent and production is great. Did you shoot with blue filters or did you change the light in your Mac? It doesn't have that hard, yellow light that many videos have.
As far as the work, it's excellent. I find your actual systems a little complex for the beginner, but for someone with a couple of years BTC these videos would be a fantastic purchase. I learned quite a bit, and I'm a know it all.
Well done.

coloru2
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 10:32:25 AM
I agree. I bought Hairmaven's DVD a while ago, and have watched it numerous times. And each time, I pick up something I missed. They're great.

HairMaven
Gold Member

wow...
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:20:31 AM
Thanks guys. I'm flattered. But more than that, I'm glad that they were useful.

Statik: I shot at a place that had these huge windows and used natural light and the main lighting source. I did have some lights to fill in shadow areas (these had blue filters to match the day light color). I'm impressed you noticed.

Thanks again.

12 haircuts for $50, now that's a great deal.

statikman1
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:48:34 PM
My wife asked me "What the hell is he thinking? 12 cuts for $50, why so cheap?" after I showed her two cuts.
I know our resident board police feel nobody should be promoting products, but I would highly recommend any of you pick up Maven's DVD. It's a steal at that price, and I absolutley guarantee each and every one of you will pick something up from it. No rock and roll cutting, just good, sensible strong techniques with excellent explanations and production value.
$50 for as good a foundational cutting system I've seen, and if you're like me and you cut differently than Maven, you will have more than a few new moves to add to your repertoire. It should be 3 or 4 times that price.

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 4:03:43 AM

Maybe if btc wants to get in on the action they could order and promote Russell themselves in their video/dvd for sale sction??

Looks good- I'm going to order one myself today.