Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > bridal updo's, martin parsons ... help
Posted By:
Posted By:corinna on: 1/31/2005 2:39:21 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: bridal updo's, martin parsons ... help
corinna

bridal updo's, martin parsons ... help
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 2:39:21 PM
Bought some Martin parsons tapes to help me better my styling skills, i've been doing bridal work for many years now and Martin Parson is it when it comes to updos. My only problem is, i train on my Pivot point mannequin head and the hair on these heads is not as silky as the ones on the Mp's models videos, so i get frustated cause my finish product is not perfect as the video. The same goes for the clients sometimes I get clients with hair that is frizzy and stiff. What would you guys suggest i could do to get a better result with my heads while training and also what to do with a real client to get their hair to behave
and calm the breakage in order to get smooth styles. All your help will be greatly appreciated.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 5:04:09 PM
the hair he is doing has been shampooed, dried, set and /or flat ironed prior to him doing the dressing.  he smooths the hair as he works and uses a 'working' spray that he applies in the same direction he is smoothing the hair.  as he mentions in some of his videos alot of the results are begun in the 'prep work'.  it's the foundation for the finished work.  keep practicing.  the more you practice and watch the videos, the better and more you'll 'get it'.  i still watch them before wedding, prom, or any other special event hair appointments.