Posted By:
Posted By:nicki_lee31 on: 1/3/2005 6:26:50 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: help on basic techniques project
nicki_lee31

help on basic techniques project
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 6:26:50 AM

Hi,

Was wondering if any one could help with a project,I'm doing for college. I have to give short description of each of the following cuts and the cutting technique used to achieve the following styles.

one length

uniform layer

short graduation

long graduation with fringe.

As we have not reached the cutting stage it is for more of a search and find excercise but I've searched high and low for step by step guides with pic's and instructions but to no avail.Thanks again.

N

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 2:47:55 PM
Check out the Matrix.com website for their CraftCutting pdf file. You can print it yourself and it will explain some of what you are looking for.

nicki_lee31

Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:32:27 AM

Thanks for the info, yes I went there but still wasn't sure on the definitions provided and the ones required any more help please.

Thanks in advance and for the quick response.

N

coloru2
Silver Member

Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:39:38 PM
Are you in Cosmetology school? If so, why don't you have a book? I have my old books at home from school 3 years ago, and if it's really important, I can look up the definitions and get back to you. It will be a lot of typing, so before I do that, please explain why you don't have a textbook?

jay@vibe

Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:23:18 PM

I'll try my best to define these in Toni & Guy teminology. Remember these are descriptions - not step by steps for cutting hair

One length: all the hair combed to "natural fall" (center parting, radial parting [ear to ear] - all the hair in the back partings are combed down as it would fall naturally) the hair is cut to one length (0 degree).

Uniform layers: We call them "round layers" All the hair is cut to the same length. 90 degrees from the head all over

Short Graduation: Basically, anything between 0 degrees (one length) and 90 degrees (round layers) is graduation. Hair cut from short to long - at a 45 degree angle - would be graduated.

As for long graduation with fringe: The same rules apply to long graduation and short graduation. However, I think they might mean what we call reverse graduation which means hair cut past 90 degrees. (from short top to long bottom) With a fringe might mean a disconnected fringe (aka bang) or connected.

hope this helps - good luck

jay@vibe

Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:28:15 PM

I'll try my best to define these in Toni & Guy teminology. Remember these are descriptions - not step by steps for cutting hair

One length: all the hair combed to "natural fall" (center parting, radial parting [ear to ear] - all the hair in the back partings are combed down as it would fall naturally) the hair is cut to one length (0 degree).

Uniform layers: We call them "round layers" All the hair is cut to the same length. 90 degrees from the head all over

Short Graduation: Basically, anything between 0 degrees (one length) and 90 degrees (round layers) is graduation. Hair cut from short to long - at a 45 degree angle - would be graduated.

As for long graduation with fringe: The same rules apply to long graduation and short graduation. However, I think they might mean what we call reverse graduation which means hair cut past 90 degrees. (from short top to long bottom) With a fringe might mean a disconnected fringe (aka bang) or connected.

hope this helps - good luck

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:33:28 PM
WHEW HAHAHAHAHHAAH no more 666

nicki_lee31

Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 4:01:55 AM

Thanks for the definitions,hows about a step by step on actually cutting each of these from sitting client down etc.  No I'm in the UK doing hairdressing NVQ 2.  I do have a book but its not very explanatory and with most things I do I get a little panicky that I might miss something out.  Thanks once again for all your time and efforts.

N

cj_5

Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 7:55:18 AM
Nicki, what is NVQ2???

nicki_lee31

Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:35:33 AM

nvq 2 hairdressing is the basic first course in hair dressing for a mature student, well 34 not that old. It takes a year about 3 and half days a week.  Not sure if its for me yet but I'm a mum and have no real qualifications and thought I wolud give this a go.

N