Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Question for hot_locks?
Posted By:
Posted By:cricket on: 12/30/2004 9:35:02 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Question for hot_locks?
cricket

Question for hot_locks?
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:35:02 PM

hot_locks I was looking on your salon website and I looked at the stuff about locks of love. I have been wanting to do that but I have one question. Is it ok to have layers in your hair or does it have to be all one length. My hair is almost one length but I have been wanting to get some layers but I didnt know if that would make a difference in having my hair donated. I didnt know it the layers mess it up?

Thanks!

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:46:56 PM
mmmm the closer to one length the better.  I do believe they want all of the hairs that are in the ponytail to be a minimum of 10 inches.  So if you want to do that, don't cut it!  When are YOU going to set up your free webpage on my other site?  I am soooo anxious to get more pages done!

Dyeabolique
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 4:59:19 AM

Hi Cricket,

If it is possible use three ponytails 1 on each side and one in back.  This way when you over direct the hair into the back they wont have any "waste".

also, Hotlocks, I imagine you sell probably sell Osis, my question is that they have discontinued the "stick up" Why I have no idea it's a great product.  Have you found a product to replace that other than the Tigi stick?  I think it's way to heavy in comparison.  So far I haven't had any real success in replacing it.

Dye

m2
Platinum Member

replace the stick?
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 5:25:16 AM
Hey Dye-did you try heating the BedHead stick?  You can use the heat of your dryer just until the wax gets to a liquid consistency-it's fairly quick-and then swipe just a bit with your fingers & apply.
Have you tried the Redken Rough Paste? Might work for you.

Dyeabolique
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 6:28:08 AM

I really don't mind the bedhead stick performance wise,  I just think it's harder to get out of the hair than the stick up.  Let's face it,, men generally over do it on product a little and there not the best judge  of whether their hair is truly clean or not after shampooing..after all they DID shampoo...lol

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll give it a try.

Dye

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 8:52:28 AM

Tea Tree has a stick and it's ok.  For pastes and waxes I prefer Dfi.  So funny you say that about the Osis.  I rave about Schwarzopf color but mmmm Osis... eeehhhh I don't care for it very much at all.  All I like was the gloss.  It used to come in a tube, now it is in that STUPID push it up through the hole jar-what idiot thought of THAT? All I carry for resale from Schwarzkopf are the color mousses and the sherbet spray wax.

p.s. I NEVER do the three ponytails for the locks of love only because most people that come to me for that are not willing to go that short.  It is a good idea, but most people don't want to have a short short cut after having such long hair!  Plus if you have layers those three ponytails are not going to help.  The hair will still be different lengths and Locks of Love are STICKLERS.  They mean it.  If the hair ISN'T a MINIMUM of 10 inches they WILL NOT USE IT.  So measure before you cut.....

m2
Platinum Member

for men?
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 7:22:30 PM
ok-the guys i work on like the Redken Rough Paste, Manipulator & items in the Redken men's line and the Crew line.   Moisture Maniac shampoo is what removes the Bedhead stick the best.  (I worked for TiGi-this is one of tips we taught)

cricket

Posted: Friday, December 31, 2004 10:57:00 PM

hot_locks how would I go about setting up a webpage on your other site?

Thanks for the info!

Happy New year to all!

2005 its all about the love baby!(thats my motto for the year!)

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 12:44:33 AM

Just send me an email with your info:

Bio, (how long you have been doing hair-what products and chemicals you use) address phone number, email- any type of information you would like posted.  Send at least 6 pictures of your work.  Be sure to include any specialties you may have.  webmaster@localstylist.com

www.localstylist.com

I posted the web address again because it doesn't work in my profile for some reason.  hmmmm

Rod

tdub
Bronze Member

hot-locks
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 5:17:40 AM
they switched the osis magic back to the tube. we just got them in a couple weeks ago. I hated that push jar too. I was always squirting it all over the place.

hot_locks
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 10:55:48 AM

I guess I will be buying it again then!  I love it!  But really hated the jar!  Thanks... I am going to yell at my rep for not telling me!