Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > a refresher course
Posted By:
Posted By:Adam on: 12/15/2004 6:57:58 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: a refresher course
Adam

a refresher course
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 6:57:58 PM
hello everybody, i been cutting hair or 17 years and the last 14 years i have been working alone. when i first started i did some advance training at alan internation in london, but since then have done nothing. right now what i'm looking for is a course that will teach me proper hand postion and balance in haircuts. i feel so out of touch that's it's not funny anymore. i've ran a pretty good one man show till about 18 months ago but lossing confidence as well as clients lately any help would be greatly

Appreciated.

Jewel

refresher course
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:24:26 AM
Hi i am a freelance hairdresser and i have worked alone for 13 years, i wanted to take a refresher course and happened to read an advert in the hairdressers journal for fhbf which stands for freelance hair and beauty federation they are absoloutely fantastic, they have an arrangement with wella for courses and they are all alot cheaper than you would paty nomally, im not sure where you live but i am from the uk if your in the uk then you can join im not sure about another country. good luck

Ha

Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:58:37 PM
I work alone also and it can be a challenge at times to stay motivated enough to constantly educate yourself. But the good thing is you caught yourself before it was too late. The best courses I've found have been the Vidal sassoon courses, I believe they are well worth it. They really focus on precision and structure, which I believe is something that most stylists overlook today. Some of the Paul Mitchell courses are pretty good too.

Jewel

refresher
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:23:28 PM
Hi ha i wondered are you very good at colouring cos maybe you could help me on some colouring problems or maybe just advice from time to time i would appreceiate your help thankyou

Yriana

Hand positioning
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:53:46 PM

This post was removed. Please do not refer to another fourm.

Elizabeth

elizabethb@behindthechair.com