Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Why cant I find the right stylists to rent
Posted By:
Posted By:hanover_b on: 10/28/2004 1:13:16 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Why cant I find the right stylists to rent
hanover_b

Why cant I find the right stylists to rent
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 1:13:16 PM

I am a new salon owner. I have a beautiful salon which I put my soul into here in sunny florida. I am desperately seeking stylists for booth rental in my salon & spa. I am having the most difficult time in doing so.

I have advertised and everything, and i hear all the time that stylists have been unhappy in the salons they work at etc..I am such an easy going person, full of life and love, yet its so difficult to find a stylist to booth.

Any advice would be great! and any potential booth rental stylists ..come this way..to a beautiful salon in orlando florida

hanover_b@yahoo.com

JD
Platinum Member

boothrental woes..
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 2:02:22 PM
Well, Have you looked at your rental pricing compared to other rental salons out there around you? Are you over priced? what are you offering a stylists when and if they come and work in your salon? What are the benefits to the booth renter to change salons? You need to ask yourself these questions and then sell yourself.

SLB

Salon owner looking for good booth renter.
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:51:39 PM
I understand where you're coming from.  I am looking for booth renter's too, but don't really know where else to advertise but craig's list.  I got two responses off there, but I don't really know of anywhere else to advertise.  Do you?

SLB

Atlanta Georgia
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:53:59 PM
By the way, I'm in atlanta, GA.   Rent is $250 a week, which is normal for the area.  No walk in traffic, but beautiful loft space for the stylist who builds on their own referrals, like I do.   There's a pic of the salon on my profile.  Shawn Black @ Mirar Salon    shawn98black76@gmail.com

salowner

owner
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:02:57 PM
I am also looking for stylists to rent in my salon.  I used to turn people down, in the last five years there have been tons of spas and salons open in my town.  I think the problem is just that there are too many salons, and it is too easy to open one up.