Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Relaxing & comfortable shampoo bowls
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:40:11 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Relaxing & comfortable shampoo bowls
laurence seybold

Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 9:37:00 AM
Hey guys. I'm in the process of building a new salon. One of the most important decisions obviously is a comfortable experience for the guest. I've looked at Takara, Belvedere, cheap lines, as well as high end Italian units where the bowl tilts, back and seat adjust and the footrest comes up. Big!!! differences in cost. The question at hand is, does anyone have any great feedback from their clients about a specific manufacturer and bowl/chair combo that the clients rave about? Is it worth having an electrical footrest lift or do they breakdown often? Secondly, the trend seems to be having the client sit more upright, rather than lay back. That seems like it would be easier on the neck, but isn't that much more difficult for rinsing the front/forehead area.
The units also range from about $1000 at the low end, through $3500 at the top (includes 15% surcharge) for the exchange rate with the
European "euro". Don't even get a chance to experience most of the units since they have little exposure to the American market, or are very new to the states. Any feedback would be apppreciated!!. Thanks ,Laurence

statikman
Silver Member

Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 10:22:00 AM
I looked at a bowl at IBS that had a nearly horizontal bed and a bowl with a block in the middle to act as a headrest. Apparently this is the latest thing in Asia. It was by far the most comfortable washbasin I've ever sat in, and no hydraulics to jack up the price. Bed and basin were around $1400.
I'm drawing a blank on the company though, as I actually threw away the brochure.
Check out this link for some pretty good prices and cool designs:
http://www.equipmentforsalons.com/site/department.cfm?id=638431CC-65BE-D691-E83D3A3583E1D5A8