Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Products and Retailing > CHI vs. BIO IONIC FLAT IRON
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:34:33 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: CHI vs. BIO IONIC FLAT IRON
Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:30:00 PM
I've heard people rave about Chi. On the other hand I heard Bio Ionic iron has the 'NEW FLUORO-IONIC TECHNOLOGY' that does wonder to the hair. I have no clue on which to purchase so I would like to seek professional opinions. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 6:19:00 PM
I've used the Chi iron and it's really great. I've even retailed a couple of them after clients had their hair done using the Chi, then going to the drugstore or Sally's to buy a different brand of ceramic iron. They can see and feel a definite difference. I haven't tried the Bio Ionic iron. The Chi is a bit pricey for clients, but I don't know what would be comparable.I think you'd be happy with the Chi. Good luck :)

hairchic
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 7:24:00 PM
I have used the old Bio-Ionic iron I think it was prior to their "new" FLUORO (?) I use my CHI now for all things and LOVE IT!! It's way better than the BIO one.

sharebear

Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 8:48:58 PM

I haven't used the Bio Ionic, but I have used the Chi for 4 years now and love it. So do the clients, and yes, they do buy the flat irons and are now buying the 1" curling irons.

Did you know Chi is coming out with a pink dryer for Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct? I can't wait!!!

scissorella

bout chi
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:28:06 PM

I have 3 chi love them. I haven't tried the bio one. But I did see in my local CVS flyer that they are selling the Chi online. I am distaught about this.

Scissorella

nichole

Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:08:38 AM
I also have been using the chi and loving it! I have also have been taking classes with the farouk systems to become an ed. I was upset when a client told me" why should I buy an iron from you at that price when I can get one for 80$ online" WOW!  what has come of the hairstylist who has to sell these highley profitable items on ebay for half the price?

xpressionista

nichole
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:39:45 AM
they probably didnt do well at what we do . They probably went out and got chi irons thinking that the irons would makethem a platform artist and when the golden arches didnt open they were upset about the investment and put them up for auction.  I wouldnt buy chi irons for 80 anyway unless i got them from farouk or a reputable pro only supplier.  Ebay could sell you anything.  Imagine the surprise of getting that irons and they dont work??

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:36:41 AM
Many of these type items on e-bay and other sites are being sold by our distributors or by the product companys themselves. I buy all of my Chi irons for retail on line and have bought them for as low as $65.00.

nichole

Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:18:10 AM
I don't mind getting a deal on any item, but all I have to say is that it is hurting our retail when this happens. I always buy from my sales rep. I am not out to rob anyone, but this is our profession and we should take pride in it. Would you be happy when your clients buys their professional hair product at wal-mart instead of you? Of course not.

hues4you
Platinum Member

GHD Flat Irons
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:43:47 AM

Ok gang - sorry I typed it wrong

We just got this in about 2 months ago. 

Brought the info home.  Seems this is new to the states.  We are doing really well with this "new religion for hair" as it's marketed.

Anyways it says  Not every client wants just one style, but every stylists needs just one iron.  The revolutionary ghd original ceramic styling iron creates straight, sleek locks as well as fantastic curls, twists and flicks.  It heats up in seconds, maintains a constant temp, locks in moisture and with your imaginations, brings urban angels to life.

Now of course I am typing this from the brochure.  I am known for coloring not finishing.  The people that are using it in the salon love it.  There is a retail line that goes with it.  Selling well.

Anyways - sounds like what you are all looking for.

www.ghd.com

Cindy Farr Hester  co-moderator

www.behindthechair.com

statikman1
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:11:10 AM
GHD is the same iron as HAI Convertable, Paul Brown, FHI and a few others. Don't be fooled by marketing. They all come from the same place and have the same "guts". Anyone who orders 5000 gets to put whatever name they want on the product and gets custom plate colours.

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:25:46 AM
Nichole, this was my point, our own distributors and product companies are selling our products on web sites, many times for less than they sell to us. Our clients are buying their pro products at Wal Mart and it is hurting our business.

coloru2
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:47:16 PM
Cindy, that ghd link is for accountants or something, not for flatirons. Can you check and repost? Thanks

hues4you
Platinum Member

GHD Flat Irons link
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:57:54 PM

Sorry Gang it was early in the am forgot part of it.  From what I understand these have just been popular in Europe and just brought over to states.

www.ghdhair.com

Cindy Farr Hester  co-moderator

www.behindthechair.com

nichole

gd
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:29:56 AM
yes, i agree with you that is it awful that these sales reps. are doing this. Maybe they don't have a well established salon base they can sell to!  how sad!

dllr99

I am a sales consultant, and we don't sell on-line, ebay etc.,
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 3:46:33 PM

I have been a sales rep for over 16 years.  We fight diversion daily, it affects our business as well as yours.  We are the people who have to find out what is going on and let you as salon stylists/owners know.  Sometimes, it's really hard to face the fact that some salons AND distributors are not honest and sell to people/places that they are not supposed to.  This is an industry problem, and it will only be solved by everyone taking a stand.

Be part of the solution--not the problem.  We will all benefit and keep our profession-PROFESSIONAL!  Thanks!

hues4you
Platinum Member

dllr99-
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 1:19:09 PM

Dear dllr99-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  I find that it would be almost impossible for a salon to order say 100 Chi irons from a repuatable distrubutor.  It presents a red flag.  If the distributor chose to sell them - their orders are also tracked and someone is going to want to know what is going on - unless you are servicing a big chain account.  The distributors I know of have to track where sales are going.  Sure their have been some distributors shut down do to unethical behavior, but where I this diversion coming from???  I do not think our local distributors are to blame - at least where I live.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

askme

Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:25:12 PM
I recommend another flt iron, a high quality flat iron, it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it's pretty good, it has tourmaline ceramic plates which don't damage ur hair like others. I use it and my hair looks great, soft and resilient. :)