Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Products and Retailing > Make-up and Hair for Beauty contests
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:34:26 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Make-up and Hair for Beauty contests
tlghs

Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 9:54:00 PM
What is the best advice for Beauty contestants. I was told by a TiGi make-up artist. BIG RED GLOSSY LIPS. What else? I want any suggestions. These are teen clients.

Alice

Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 3:14:00 AM
Are you doing hair at the contest or at the Salon. If you do hair at the contest, I actually prefer using a hairsetter first to get the girls hair more bouncy. You can touch up with irons in between sets. Do your inventory when you pack and make sure you have hairpins etc. Sometimes the auditorium doesn't even have a mirror so find out what the facilities are like.Find out how many wardrobe changes so you can map out the hairstyles progressively throughout the contest.A kit of emergency supplies is good too. Two way tape(Bathing suit)Safty pins,Vaseline They use it on their teeth(Makes it easier to smile When their mouth dries out)Nail polish for touch-ups.Camera and extra film.These are just some of the things I've added over the years.Contests are quick change and a lot of fun if you plan ahead.I usually charge by the hour for these events just like wedding venue.

Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:23:48 AM
The original post is old, but as a former pageant contestant I have to say that big red glossy lips are NOT the way to go. Would hate for anyone to read that and think that it was ok to send anyone out on stage looking like that. Blinding the judges with your lip gloss does not score you points.

Laura M.

Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:05:26 PM
I work for the Bed Head Tigi cosmetic art team, and here's my two cents. Peagant hair and make up will be different in different parts of the country, but generally think stage. The color will need to be a bit bolder than everyday, but doeas not have to be red lips. I have found on blonds, the perfect pink lip crayon and bdumb lond gloss are quite lovely. The loyalty lipcolor looks like a natural tone and red tends to work well on darker complected brunettes. Blush, I would probably use shyness or glowing. Don't forget brows for blonds and redheads or they will look expressionless on stage. The glamma powder foundation layered over liquid wears and photographs well. Hope this helps! Good luck!
The Notorious C-A-T!