Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Paul Mitchell Slick Works
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:31:17 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Paul Mitchell Slick Works
A-

Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:56:00 PM
Hey guys. anyone familiar with Slick Works (not the Wax works). I absolutely love this product for the piecy separated and glossy look! It's great for the flippy cuts but also good for updo's because the glossiness really defines twists and stuff. anyway...is there anything from another line that compares to this? I really like Redken but can't find a product to compete. I'd just like to find an alternative because getting to the PM distributer isn't always easy. I've tried Redken Rewind (too matte and stretchy and sticky). Water Wax may be similiar but the tiny little tub (less than 2 oz!) of that costs as much as an 8oz. tube of the Slick Works! any suggestions???
Thanks.

livvey
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, February 01, 2002 10:43:00 AM
Strange as it may sound, but Redkin Straight can be used in a similiar way.

Donn
Silver Member

Posted: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:22:00 AM
Waterwax last just as long, but they have the new outshine. Or even rewind will do the same.

HeatherVSJ

Posted: Friday, February 01, 2002 9:31:00 PM
Do you have Di:Fi in your area? Their D:Struct is an awesome product. Mix it with their D:Tails and you have a really cool effect. The retail on each is $9.00. You might like the the D:Tails alone too. :o)

Billie
Gold Member

Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2002 5:49:00 AM
D:Struct and D:Tails are great, and a lot cheaper than the Redken Water Wax and Rewind.

Dabonbon

Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2002 6:17:00 AM
As one who is always on the the prowl for a new and better pomade, I can tell you that it's going to be hard to beat Slick Works. However, there are some products that I like as a substitute:

Bed Head After Party - a light cream for fine hair

Bed Head Rubber Rage - more like Wax Works but a great product

Bed Head Shine Junkie - thinner than Slick Works, but is super shiny and pieces out the hair nice

Aveda Custom Control - my current favorite; very shiny and I like the dispenser

Tigi Catwalk pomade - the closest in gooeyness to Slick Works. nice shine, good manipulating stiffness, isn't too heavy

Hope you find what you're looking for, but it won't be by Redken. I've tried 'em all.

Anonymous

Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 10:29:00 PM
p.s. Do you know you can make silly strign out of Redken rewind!!

Anonymous

Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 10:29:00 PM
Try Redken concrete!

Tien

Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:59:05 PM
slick works is mainly mineral oil, it's too oily for me and does'nt look natural. I was around this stuff at a lot, graduated from a Paul Mitchell school, hated every product minus spray wax to use as a color block.