Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > How to make thick hair behave.arggghhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:31:00 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: How to make thick hair behave.arggghhhhhhhhhhh
Anonymous

Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 8:46:00 PM
Hi I have a client with really thick hair and it seems no matter how I cut it, it always looks choppy and not wispy. I told her her hair cannot look like most of the styles she prefers because of the thickness, but I feel as if there's something I'm missing. I thin it out but it never seems to be any thinner. I've cut it wet and dry. I've taken real thin sections. Its' about chin length and semi wavy. She doesn't like a lot of product but will use a wax to piece the ends out. Even with that, her ends won't lay right. I'm not a new stylist, and have this problem with 2 or 3 others. What am I doing wrong? Any info would help. Thanks.

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 11:58:00 PM
Try melting the hair into submission with a flat iron. When the hair is very thick and wavy, and you want something piecey, you'll have to stretch the hair with a boar bristle brush when blowing dry and hit it with a really hot flat iron to make the hair collapse all that body out of it, then when the hair is dry, deep point cut your wisps into the ends, and any internal texturing you need.

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 9:31:00 PM
You need to use really good products. If i were you i would prep the hair with Paul Mitchell gloss drops, to give it that sillicony type base. Spelling probaly off there. I would then blow dry it in sections, then i would flat iron it in sections. And then i would put more gloss drops on. It will be so smooth and sexy she will hug you. Also keep in mind you might not be cutting it short enoughe, i had a disaster where the lady had super thick hair and she wanted a super sleek style, only she didn't want enoughe hair cut off. So we ended up cutting a lot more hair, and she got the look she wanted.
remember when in doubt-wwrcd
God bless