Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Physics and hair....
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:58 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Physics and hair....
maggiemypet
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 6:17:00 PM
So, I dunno if I ever mentioned this on any boards, but im going to school to major in physics/minor in business. What I want to do with the training is something different than what you would think. I don't want to become a physicist.I want to take the concepts and formulas and develop a scientific formula for cutting hair... I think it can be done...in my mind, we deal with it every day; on a basic, elementary level, of course.

So, I'm not asking if you guys think its a good idea or not; because, I think it is- and I'm gonna do it! If there can be a guy who Fung Shui's people's hair, then why can't the laws of physics have an influence. (obviously they do, I just want to create a more applicable understanding of them)

Just wondering if anyone has any input on this topic, or if anyone has ever done the same thing...

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 2:46:00 AM
Wouldn't you need to study more geometry and engineering than physics? Cutting hair would be dealing with the APPLICATION of the science not the theories of WHY..

What have you developed so far?

maggiemypet
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 1:19:00 PM
im still going to school for it. not enough knowledge about it yet. its just a theory that im tossing around :)

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 5:18:00 PM
wouldn't the scientific formula for cutting hair result in the "flowbee"?
just a horrifying question I had to ask.

mc
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 5:25:00 PM
lol....I don't know Alesia....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put blades on the end of a vacuum cleaner. Only a dufus to buy into it

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 5:42:00 PM
that's right. mc
can you imagine if that became the norm for how we conduct our business?? bleh!!:P