Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Blowdrying and styling long straight fine hair?
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:58 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Blowdrying and styling long straight fine hair?
Anonymous

Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 6:41:00 PM
I have a client with long hair, she is partially asian. I want a new way of styling her hair, getting waves in her hair, or something alittle more trendy. What are a few things that I can try? She usually has short layers.

tdub
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 8:00:00 PM
have you ever tried to put curl in asian hair? your best bet for something trendy on asian hair would be a really edgy, shattered cut. best done with a razor. look in some magazines or watch some anime flicks for ideas.

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 10:11:00 PM
a light perm on large rods. Don't roll all the way up the hair shaft only to about her chin and place the rods in vertically.

If your in a big city, check for a Kinokunia Japanese book store and pick up a Shinbyo magazine. It's a professional hair mag from Japan. Great stuff, too.

hairmaven.com

Anonymous

Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 5:15:00 AM
Do you mean just to roll the underneath hairs from the nape area down?

tdub
Bronze Member

Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 10:04:00 PM
one of my asian clients says she puts zulu knots in damp hair and drys it with a dryer. she said it is the only thing that gives her curls that stay.

Anonymous

Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2004 7:11:22 PM
i find that hard sets are great , as you blowdry roll pieces up like pincurls and when the whole head is done defuse it all and it realy gives it nice volume and shows off the layers alot .