Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Kids who are scared of shampooing
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:58 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Kids who are scared of shampooing
Hairflash

Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2004 6:46:00 PM
How do you handle a kid who needs a shampoo badly but is terrified of it?

Anonymous

Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2004 10:37:00 PM
Do you have a maniquin head? I've had them shampoo them and have fun with it so they have a good experience.

Plaidfuzz
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 1:31:00 PM
Gain their trust. Explain what is happening and make it sound fun. If they absolutely won't and the lack of a shampoo hinders your cut, refuse to do it.

vallygrl
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 6:53:00 PM
yes do not shampoo their hair unless they want you to. Their are ways to get around it.
God bless

Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:25:48 PM
Many little kids (about 3 and under) are simply afraid of leaning back-- it's just a really scary sensation for them and I'd never insist on it personally-- why create more fear and dread than they already have? Suggest to the parent they bring them in with fairly clean hair next time and mist the hair with the spray bottle or cut it dry.

My very belated 2 cents!

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 4:53:24 AM

There is no reason why the parent can't bring them in with a clean head and you make "rain" for them with your water bottle. If the kid is scared....then he is scared.

Parents and hairdressers should not compound the problem by making the kid try to enjoy this. They won't be scared of it forever. Little kids under 10 really don't fit in the shampoo bowl anyways..................

If the parent insists on you shampooing the kid anyways...then there is something wrong with that parent.

mc
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:30:03 AM
Yup. It's called LAZINESS.
mc

britboy
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:43:24 PM

Simple...Don't do kids.

Leave it to specialty salons, they are in that business and work with kids all day, you just can't be everything to everybody. There's no money in kids hair anyway, unless it's your specialty it's just to please mom really isn't it?

hot_locks
Platinum Member

sigh
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:15:09 PM

I do cut kids' hair- but ONLY my clients kids- not just any ol damn kids.  The best thing is to have them come in early before their first bday.  Don't cut their hair, but let them get to know you.  The kids I cut, take me 15 min.  I charge $25.  They don't cry and they sit still.  Yes you can make money-  you just have to set your limits high.