Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Anybody know great cutting classes or schools to help with skills?
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:56 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Anybody know great cutting classes or schools to help with skills?
Anonymous

Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 5:51:00 PM
I would really like to get better at haircuts, does anyone know of schools or good classes to take?

me

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 4:32:00 PM
Go to your local beauty supply store - mostly all of them (open to public or not) have postings for continued education classes, usually pretty inexpensive too. A lot of beauty schools have advanced education classes to take as well. There is a class locator on this website, look on that.

brendakay

Haircuts How To
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 7:48:07 PM

**** Post edited for the following reason:  Advertising or trying to sell an item on these boards.  Please post this under the Classified section of this website in the brown bar above.  Thank you.

Cindy Farr Hester Asst Moderator
Sorry again, Ive now posted in the classified section

MereDoesHair

some of the best that I've had
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:09:34 AM
Beauty supply sponsored classes:
Graham Webb was very good... I learned a great technique for balancing asymetric cuts
Aquage cutting, I learned a whole bunch about my razor and how to use it in a million and one different techniques

Private:
Vidal Sassoon 2 day class on precision cutting
Bumble and Bumble education through my salon... my educator Rio was A M A Z I N G. I learned all kinds of things from him. I loved it!

I would definatley watch for your local beauty supply to host classes. Take every one that your pocketbook will allow. Trust me, ANY class will teach you new things :)
Plus its a great way to get familiar with new product lines since many of these courses are taught by product line educators.
Even if you don't use a particular line in your salon, it never hurts to know more :) :)

kellyk13

amazing academy
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 9:12:59 PM
HI there! I just saw this thread and it caught my eye. I learned SOOOOO much from the Redken Exchange in NYC. They have 3-4 day classes that are hands on! Some classes you work on live models and others you'll work on mannequin heads(my preference, no feelings!) If you have attended a principle based cutting class by a Redken educator...then you might know what I'm talking about. Sam Villa, who won for favorite platform artist, taught me most of what I know about haircutting. Chris Baran, global artistic director for Redken, he also has dvds that are very intensive and helpful! Anyway, hope this helps!
Good Luck!

marcipan

getting better at haircuts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:37:23 PM
I would sugest to buy paul mitchell and arrojo educational movies and buy a manequien head and start practicing at home..But best way to learn is to go to the class too.Hope this helps