Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Does anyone know how to do the "secret mohawk" or "fauxhawk"?
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:55 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Does anyone know how to do the "secret mohawk" or "fauxhawk"?
Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2004 10:48:00 AM
The Paul Mitchell team did the "secret mowhawk" at the last hair show I went to, and I missed it. But I am talking about the haircut that is considered a mohawk, but not the Mister T mohawk... the modern one where it looks a little longer in the middle top and you can spike it out if you choose. can anyone give me step by steps to do this cut? Thx

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:53:00 PM
You don't really have to do a cut. The point of the fauxhawk is, it's a mohawk but you don't have to shave your head on the sides. You just push what you can up to the middle of your head and form it into a mohawk, while still having hair on the sides. You can also spike it on the side.

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 7:53:00 PM
I think it's more like the crown and fringe is long. then the sections that abut those are channel cut to help push that mohawk to the middle. The faux part is definitely that there is no shaving. the razor is probably the only tool you need. the sides can be shaggy too.

AlenaMarie

Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:23:00 PM
If you go to Redken's website, they have this gorgeous man (my husband haha jk) and he has this haircut which I think it what ya'll are talking about. They show you step by step how to do the cut. Its very cool. You have to take the middle part and kind of point cut, but you don't take regular sections, you twist it. They can explain better than I, so check out their website. I think this is a beautiful hairstyle on men! I love it!

Tien

Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:40:38 AM

Paul Mitchell's secret mohawk is just merely a triangle cut, fade on the side, and instead of things like round or square layer, you cut to a point on the top, and styled everything to the middle.

PnkCosmo

Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:11:18 PM

For my Faux-hawk's, I leave the "mohawk" section on the top longer, and kinda cut a triangle on top of the head.

I run the texturizer shears along each side of the mohawk section to make a lot of shorter hairs that will help to push the Faux-hawk up.

Am I making sense? lol....I wish I could draw a diagram. It sounds funny when I try to explain it in words.