Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > How do you straighten and/or flat iron hair?
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:54 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: How do you straighten and/or flat iron hair?
Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 6:37:00 PM
Hello --

I am looking for different opinions on what techiques are best for straightening hair. Do you use a metal barrel brush only, or do you dry it then flat iron it? Do you go layer by layer, drying then flat ironing, or do you dry the whole head section by section, then put it all back up again and then flat iron section by section?? I usually use a paddle brush and/or metal barrel brush until straight and dry, then I go back and flat iron for reinforcement and to lock in the straightness so my client will get a couple days out of it. One of my coworkers thinks flat ironing is a waste of time if you can get it straight enough with just brushing and smoothing, but I feel that the flat iron polishes and "cooks" the straight right in. What do you guys think?

color u 2
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 3:25:00 PM
Using the flat iron after blow drying will definitely give the hair a smooth shiny look. Without it, the blowdry just looks unfinished and fuzzy.

Cat

Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 7:12:00 PM
I tend to use a metal large round brush if the hair is wavy to medium curly, starting with three sections(bottom,middle,and top. If hair is a smaller curl, I use a natural bristle brush and always section for the best results. The only time I will use the flat iron is for a sleeker look with very straight ends, when my clients want a "fuller" effect I use the brush only. I have naturally curly hair myself and wearing my hair either straight style stays for the same amount of time.

Anonymous

Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 12:44:00 PM
In response to "color u 2," a blowdry looks unfinished & fuzzy only if it's not done properly w/ the right technique, right tools, and right products.