Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Need Good Clippers (Buzzer)
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:54 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Need Good Clippers (Buzzer)
bj

Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 3:55:00 PM
I'm in the market for a good clipper. Does anyone know what to look for?

Thanks in advance,
bj

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:56:00 PM
If you want an excellent clipper, you basically have two choices.

Oster 76

or

Andis Master

The 76 is a motor driven and had detachable blades that replace the plastic guards. They are heavier but will cut more hair at one time than the Master.

The Master is vibrator driven and lighter. It wont cut the bulk that the 76 will and you have to use the plastic guards, but it has the fine tune adjustment head which will make it easier to do a smooth fade. You can do a good fade with either one but the Master will be cheaper and be able to fine tune you blade head easier. I have both and use the Andis much more often than the 76.

Russell

Trey
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 5:20:00 PM
I have an Oster Titan. I love it!

Similar to the Oster Classic 76, but a newer version.

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 9:06:00 AM
I love my wahl flair clippers. full sized rechargable clipper that has a lot of power. no cord gets in my way. comes with all of the attachments & fits the wahl full sized color coded attachments too.
It's great for cuts on the go.
like later today when I go cut all the guy's hair at my brother-in-law's auto body shop!
it's the bomb!
nailco carries them

bj

Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:48:00 AM
Hairmaven,
Which Andis Master? The beauty supply where I go has Speed Master for 47.99 and the Improved Master for 106.99. I'm assuming the more expensive one is better. Is that usually the case? At this point money's no object.
Thanks
bj

HairMaven
Gold Member

Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 3:10:00 PM
Yes, it's the "Improved" Master. If you can wait for a large trade show (Chicago Midwest Beauty Show, or IBS New York) you can pick up one for about $25 less.

I just replaced my "old" master with the "Improved" master and it works just fine.

If you buy the best you will not have to "UPGRADE" in the future. I've had 3 Masters and they all still work great, but after years of use you need to replace small stuff, my last one was replace because of the cord that was twisting itself into a pretzel.

Russell