Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Bridal, special occasion updos, opinion please!
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:54 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Bridal, special occasion updos, opinion please!
Anonymous

Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 9:55:00 PM
What's your absolutely preferred styling products: hair spray (hold and design), pomade, gel , whatever you use,and tools (rollers, curling iron) to create an elegant, sophisticated and polished to perfection updo?
All inputs will be greatly appreciated.

justme

Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:17:00 AM
Flat Iron Flat Iron Flat Iron! Just my favorite for a very polished look.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:53:00 AM
my favorite product to achieve a beautiful updo and inspiration for more is a Martin Parsons video. :)

sizz
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 4:00:00 AM
I cannot live w/o my hot rollers to give the hair some texture and me more control.
I also love the new JOICO thermal styling spray.
I agree w/ Martin Parsons videos are awesome.

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 8:05:00 PM
Thank you guys, keep the opinions coming! =)

TWStylist

Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 6:17:00 AM
You know, I *rarely* pre-set the hair. I just start going at it with my wax or slick works, and the twists and turns come out nice and polished, and I may use my marcels here and there when I need a lot of bend. Anyone else?

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 5:37:00 AM
same here TWStylist-
use texture products, PureOlogy InCharge Plus, some backcombing & pins. Hot tool if needed.

JonDavidLopez

Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:41:45 PM

Using Freeze and Wax and some heat when needed.

Always use Hairpins to match natural hair color.

Jon

Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:16:35 PM
I have found that the Aquage updo videos have great new ideas that you can use with what you already know.  I also love the Aquage Thermal Spray and Working Spray as I am styling and using any kind of heat. It gives a crisp, firm hold but you can run your hands through it with no problem (no flakes, buildup or sticky feeling).  DON'T use the Matrix Performa hairspray.  It holds ok but it leaves a "wet" sticky look. Also cause buildup that is HARD to remove.

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 6:02:44 AM
I use Matrix Vavoom hairspray for all of my up-do's and then when the do is done I spray with JPMS The Shine. They look really pretty and the staying power is excellent. Vavoom is dry enough to work with a second after I spray so I can get each do done in excellent time.

mden

Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:59:36 PM
i definately like PM- Liquid Pomade, very nice for sleek updos, ie)chignon. wax works is also very nice. and hot rollers.

lby71

Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:15:15 PM
i really love the pureology incharge hairspray to finish but when styling i use alot of the white sands firm hold.

longlocks

Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:43:10 AM
I like to use my CHI and redken products. It makes your dos look so soft and sleek. it usually doesn't get sticky but don't use to much.