Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > A question for Statikman about layering again
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:51 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: A question for Statikman about layering again
Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 9:54:00 PM
On layering long hair, you said to find their part, then take a 1/2 inch section on either side and bring it to the nose or wherever they want the front layers to start. Well I was just thinking and it occured to me - what if the person has a deep side part? Where would I bring the hair to then? By the way, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

Dianna

Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 11:49:00 AM
To annonymous, I Had questioned layers for many years and I am a visual learner and needed to know the difference between holding all the hair straight up verses out at an angle. Had my hair cut many times either way and it is a different layer. When I wanted to "Jennifer Aniston" but long to the bra strap, I had everything brought up, vertically or horizontally, which ever your more comfortable with. The crown was the guide and everything was brought to that and cut straight off. The first layer was about chin length, try to leave it a bit longer so they don't end up with that bubble at cheek bone. I would curl big sections with a huge iron and voila, it all flipped up and had many ask about the cut

"The Jennifer Aniston"
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:01:59 PM
I am still unable to get the right look for this hair cut. It seems to dip into the back with heaviness before the flip. The sides, I am unable to get to curve around the face correctly. It just looks like a plain old long layer when I do it. What is the trick?