Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > What's New for Longer Hair?
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:39 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: What's New for Longer Hair?
Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 8:01:00 PM
Is there any new looks for longer hair styles, over the shoulder? You can always find great ideas for short or medium lengths, but some of my longer haired clients wants to know what's new and hot for them. Anyone doing anything new in your salon or know of anything really great for longer hair?

Sarah

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:42:00 AM
Color is always an option for longer haired clients that want to keep their length. I have a good friend who is a client, and thats about the only thing she will let me do,is color her hair. I personally never got why people wanted to have long hair just to have long hair. I just cut 4 inches off the length of my hair yesterday, and texturized the mess out of it, and I dont miss all that long junk at all! Its great going back to having a chin length style again, and who knows...I might even go shorter! But back to your question, my other suggestion would be to give them a nice texture perm. Nothing on white rods or anything, but a purple rod perm is really pretty on long hair like that, and its something they could either blow out straight or wear wavy or whatever their personal style is. Anyway, thats my 2cents worth.

Kellie
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:13:00 PM
Teach them how to do some simple up-do styles. Sorry Sara, but long hair can be fun,(a ton of work,to long to dry, useing of to much product,etc...) mine is down to the middle of my back. Do not take this in a bad way it's not meant to be. Yes i am a chicken when it comes to getting trims, I do have fun with color. I like your ideas too!:-)

Kellie Smith

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2002 8:13:00 PM
I agree with the color/perm suggestion. My hair is about 5in below my shoulders and to keep my style current and new I either color, highlight, or perm. Sometimes (like now) I've got all three!! And I do love my perm because if I sleep in it doesn't take long to fix and like you said I can still wear it straight.
OH by the way Kellie LOVE the name!!
I think you've answered some of my questions before:)

Clousy

Posted: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:01:00 AM
Hey. i have the same question about long hair. I love to serve clients with it, but it is a mind boggling question what to suggest when they dont know what to do with it anymore. I have invested money in buying brushes and combs made for dressing long hair, but they dont seem to work no matter how hard i try! What type of brushes do i use to blow dry long hair? I bought a very large barreled brush and all it seems to do is tangle hair. HELP! I have an appointment this weekend!

Valeri

Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 12:13:00 AM
Have you guys tried introducing your clients to chopsticks? Or have you ever tried stapeling in some flowers? What about temporary dreads for fun?
Try blunting off the bottom of the cut one time, and then shattering it out the next for more of an updated look.
Introduce them to a side fringe, or a full fringe.
Because long hair clients only visit the salon every 3 months, typically, this means that 4 new suggestions have you set for a year. And when all else fails, try introducing them to new products. Teach them how to wear it curly, board straight...Madonna type texture. Just keep educating yourself by picking up Vogue or British magazines.

Dianna

Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 3:16:00 PM
Went to a local gals cutting course and brought a few tricks home. She had one length, to the shoulder and a bit of razor in it. She had this rooster crown that looked too funky. She showed us to make a triangle from the crown down about 3 inches and three inches across bottom. Point at crown. Then holding the hair with fingers pointing towards the back of the head, move yourself around the client to the other side and point cut leaving only 2 inches of hair at the shortest point. The twisting makes the middle the shortest and the other hair falls around the rooster to blend somewhat into the underlying hair it's falling ontop. Looks great, Got one and love the height

Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:50:00 AM
eeek sounds like the old female "mullet"

alesia
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 12:14:00 PM
Didn't a dancer in Pat Benatar's horrible video "Love is a Battlefield" have that look? Most notably when they are "shimmying" at the pimp?
(BARF!):)
ha ha ha