Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Hair extention systems
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:30:37 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Hair extention systems
glamrockgirl

Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2002 9:40:00 AM
Hello, its been a while since i have posted here, but i need help:) I want to get information, and classes on some new ways of doing hair extentions, i currently use french fusion, and or mega/monkey bars methods, i have been doing this for 5 years now, but i have a feeling there are better ways out there, I did a search on the net for sites, but i'm not finding alot of companies offering their kits, or methods for caucasion hair. if anyone has links or ideas for where to look for info, i would greatly appreciate it:) thanks in advance
jess

HeatherVSJ

Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2002 2:12:00 PM
Hairpolice.com
They have classes that they offer too.
The Hairpolice are the total extention GODS in MN. :o) People come from literally all over the world to train with them.

No.. I don't work for them.. I just know their work and know they do an awesome job. :o)
Good Luck!
Heather

glamrockgirl

Posted: Monday, February 18, 2002 10:02:00 AM
thanks so very much Heather......I'll look into it:)

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2003 12:18:00 PM
I have a question I want to buy fusion hair for a hand full of hair the retailer wants to charge me about 110.00 per pack is it worth it??

Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 8:33:00 PM
The price they are charging you depends on what kind of hair you are buying (quality) and what quantity.

European hair is the finest and most expensive. On average European hair cost about $80-120 per ounce. Indonesian hair is a medium quality hair and cost about half of what it costs to get European hair. You need to educate yourself about different hair grades and qualities, and ask them what they are selling you.

Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:09:00 PM
Glamrock your wish has came true ! in my salon we use extensions called great lengths hair extensions prices for the service run very high.
You do have to be educated on the class in order to do them. They are the best out on the market all of Hollywood is wearing them .
they come in different colors and length.
You can color,bleach, or perm them while on.

Rip

Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 4:08:49 PM

To the last person. You CANNOT bleach and color them while on.

You can change the tonal value but not the level of the hair.

mcoupland
Gold Member

Gl Extensions
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:28:27 AM
I do extensions with Gl also and cinderellia hair. I do have to say GL is by far the best product. Most clients I do with gl never want any other product.Yes you can bleach and color with GL extensions in I have been doing this for 3 years now. THE BOND WON"T CHAANGE COLOR but the hair will.

Michelle

Don't sweat the small stuff.   

NiksNak4hair

Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 9:06:42 PM
I have recently purchased the Cinderella kit . I had 10 pieces put in my hair over a month ago at a hairshow.I wanted to see how well they wear in my hair before I invested in the product.I do have to say they wear very well,especially considering I flat iron my hair every day.They told me the extentions last an average of 4 months.do you find that you need any clients to come in sooner for bonds to be checked??Another question.have you tried other replacement bonds on the cinderella hair? I know they don't have replacement bonds,but I have loooked into other companies that do.I know what they told me at the class,but since you have been using them I'd like your input.Thanx

mcoupland
Gold Member

Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:42:33 AM
I recenly tried cinderellia hair. the hair it self is ok, still not happy with the bond, and the curl washed out of the curly hair. I would put this brand in the average catigory., Though I do love the bold colors they offer. GL is currently still my favorite.

Michelle

Don't sweat the small stuff.   

CopaGirl
Bronze Member

Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2006 7:18:14 PM
Michelle, would you tell us what brands that you have tried or seen, and give us the good and bad of each? I'm interested in trying extensions but am worried about what to do. I can't afford the expensive classes right now. Thanks in advance!

AlenaL
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:59:14 PM

I can't figure out how to order the stuff from the great lengths website? Do they have a site for professionals?

rockerLRT

have you heard of So Cap?
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:32:53 PM

we are tring to get a class with a ext. line with So cap. has anyone ever heard of this company? what about hair dreams? please let me know any advice

thanks

hues4you
Platinum Member

rockerLRT
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:25:28 AM
Dear
rockerLRT

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  We look forward to your participation!

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator