Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Bridal hair help
Posted By:
Posted By:Shirzy on: 12/4/2011 1:01:00 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Bridal hair help
Shirzy

Bridal hair help
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:01:00 AM
I have been in the business way too long to have let this slide by. I find myself getting a lot of potential brides but I am really not confident in working with them. I find myself just scraping by and faking it and hoping it all doesnt just fall out some of the time. I also find maybe I am not going about the whole consultation right. How long should a bridal consultation really take and how much should I be charging for it? I was never taught a good foundation for up dos etc....does anyone have any ideas of where I can learn some up do basics to start and then some good information for advancing in it as well? I didnt want to start buying expensive videos that would only show me a specific do because that doesnt help with the foundation. thanks!!

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:17:04 AM
martin parsons is the updo king, a bit dated now but the foundational info is there.

Shirzy

thanks
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 12:40:26 AM
Thanks for the info. I had considered him but thought just what you said, a bit dated......I will check him out, thanks for your input!

keiferkat
Bronze Member

Martin Parsons
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 8:13:11 AM
I have seen Martin Parsons at shows and you have to get there early because it is packed and standing room only. He is smart funny and very entertaining. If you want to do this type of work he shows you step by step and takes the guess work out. He shows you how to get the foundation. It is current and trendy. If this work is important to you then I would invest in it. There are used dvd's on ebay. Good luck. They did not teach updos at my school and there is very little training for it. You may try Aquage dvds but Martin Parsons is easier..

Shirzy

Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 9:10:30 AM
seems like martin's the man. I live abroad so I dont think I will get to see him live, but maybe I will check out his videos. Thanks so much.