Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Shaggy/surfer Boys haircut
Posted By:
Posted By:kcblue2 on: 5/17/2011 9:00:33 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Shaggy/surfer Boys haircut
kcblue2

Shaggy/surfer Boys haircut
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:00:33 AM

I am a stay at home mom to two boys ages 1 and 5. I  have had my cosmetologist license since 2005 although I am not currently practicing. I gave both of my boys their first hair cut and have been cutting it myself ever since. I really would like to be able to give them a shaggy/surfer hairstyle but keep ending up with more of a Justin Bieber style instead. What am I doing wrong?? I do not have much experience so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

AimeeM528

Surfer Boys Haircut
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 1:55:18 PM
I just learned how to do this cut and it has turned out great on several of my young clients. Using shears and a come, cut the perimeter slightly longer than you want the finished design to look. Next, take small sections of the perimeter and twist between your fingers. Using the textured side of a carving comb, slide down the twist, to create shaggy texture. Cut off the twist at the length you want it to be. Complete interior of haircut in the same way. Once you are done, you can use both the carving comb or point cutting technique with shears to clean up the perimeter if needed.

Hope this helps!