Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Up-do help!
Posted By:
Posted By:mane on: 2/8/2011 5:58:49 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Up-do help!
mane

Up-do help!
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:58:49 PM

I have to do a half up half down up-do in about a month. I really try hard at up-dos but I get so nervous and I lose ttrack of thought. So ok what is the best way for me to do this style? Do I pin everything up first or curl the whole head and then pin the hair up? Any ideas much appreciated!

jadekitty
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:18:50 PM
I learned this technique in a Matrix class, and it's been very helpful. Section the hair as follows: one large section that covers the top of the head and ends just below the crown, one section from the front hairline to behind each ear, and three equal sections down the back. Take the top third of the center back section, and backcomb to build a base for your pins. Now you can begin to curl and pin, using the backcombed section to secure your pins. Pin the top of the back sections first, then your two side sections. This leaves the top section to be placed as needed, and with the top section ending below the crown, you don't have a flat spot above the pins. Remember to keep your sections equal - what you do on one side, you do the same thing on the other.
Check out the Matrix website, and create a professional account. There are a lot of techniques available if this one doesn't work for you. I hope my explanation is clear enough - it really is easier to understand with a diagram. :)
"Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you're up to."