Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > New Stylist...Help with cutting
Posted By:
Posted By:lilacsnlolita on: 11/28/2010 3:10:09 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: New Stylist...Help with cutting
lilacsnlolita

New Stylist...Help with cutting
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:10:09 PM
Brand new stylist out of school, just moved to a new area...HELP!! I just moved to the north las vegas area in June '10 about 2 months after I graduated cosmo school. It took me about 4 months to find steady work. So I've been working at a salon now for about 2 months, and I love the people I work with, I love doing what I do. However, my manager said that I need to work on my timings, I need to be faster. Which I totally agree with, I'm still very nervous about cutting hair, I'm very unsure of what the outcome will be when I'm finished. My head is still stuck in beauty school, and I feel like that's why it's taking me so long to do things. I need to learn more haircutting skills, and don't know where to look. I've been looking up classes here on the site, and there really isn't any cutting classes going on. I am willing to take any advice thrown my way, and definitely willing to learn more cutting techniques. HELP!!!
peace, love & hair grease.

Remy Blue
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:28:28 AM
It just sounds like you need 2 build up your confidence. Check your local professional beauty supply stores for classes. You need to take basic cutting classes and once you have mastered the basics then get into the more advanced things.
Don't worry, you will get better in time!!!

CJ

Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 10:03:40 AM
Invest in some good basic hair cutting DVDs and study them, do the cuts on a Mani. Over and over again til you can "see" what the hair will do if you section and hold it a certain way

I HIGHLY recommend Hairmaven's Classic DVD. Better yet, get the Classic + one.

hairmaven.com to order.

And no, I don't work for him, and I'm not affiliated with him in any way. The DVDs are just that good.