Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Service timings. I really need some advice.
Posted By:
Posted By:goodmanc on: 6/8/2010 12:08:11 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Service timings. I really need some advice.
goodmanc

Service timings. I really need some advice.
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:08:11 PM
I was made redundant from my job in January. It's now the beginning of June and still haven't managed to get a job. Recently I'm so out of practice that my service times have suffered. While working a cut and blowdry would take 45 minutes, no problem. But recently it's been taking over an hour. Everyone I have interviewed for has said that I need to cut my service times and not taken me on. I had an interview yesterday as a stylist at TONI&GUY. I've been waiting for the change for over a year. I would kill to get in there. During the trade test I ran behind and panicked and my work suffered. I just feel like te longer I'm out of work without practice the harder it's going to get to get a job. How does
anyone suggest I break up the service to help me
keep on time? I'm getting desperate.

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:29:49 PM
work on mannequin heads at home and use a timer. make sure you are methodical and get a ritual down on how you section, cut and style so it becomes second nature.try to stay focused and on task throughout the service. if you do some practicing without the pressure of a salon environment, you will be back up to speed in no time. i would suggest aiming for 1/2 hour to 45 mins max for a cut & style. long or highly textured hair will go 1 hour.