Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > short hair / slick back look
Posted By:
Posted By:shambo on: 4/8/2010 2:10:19 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: short hair / slick back look
shambo

short hair / slick back look
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:10:19 PM

I posted this in the 'introduce yourself' forum, I guess it was the wrong place..

my question is what is the best way to achieve that "slick back" hair (female) ..products, etc?

Im not sure how to post pics here or I would. 

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 6:55:18 PM
i usually use a hard gel, like hardwear by redken, and slick it while it is wet, then air dry without messing with it. it becomes a shiny hard shell.

shambo

Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 9:12:06 AM

thanks pix.

i'll give that a try, i've never used it. I'd really prefer it to not be the shiny 'hard' look but i'll take that over what i've been achieving....which it just goes limp once it dries

to get an idea, i really really like anslee's hair from this season of america's next top model.  I google imaged her pics and she was wearing more of a side part, I like that too. 

my hair is her length.

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:03:50 AM
for the vampire photo, i'd use the hard gel. for the drekitude photo, i'd use a styling creme, like morroccan oil's styling cream, or keil's silk cream. if it comes out too soft, blow dry into place before applying the cream/balm.

shambo

Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 8:27:47 PM

after trying many many products the best results I got were from bed head mohawk gel

also, worked best doing this on dry hair.  As much as I wanted to leave it wet and throw some junk in it > and be done, it just didnt work that way.